What Have You Been Doing Today?

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Looking fine there that man! :twothumbs:

Today I came back from a short break away to celebrate my 60th.
j_belhr_005.png

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Today, I had a day off. I bought more loft insulation for my Mum. This time, I made sure that the darned stuff is dry.
Bought groceries and just managed to get petrol (not a big queue, but not many pumps had fuel).

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I took more stuff to the charity shop and had to bring most of it back.
They wouldn't take the flatpack coffee table (still in box, never assembled) or the small bookcase because 'it might fall over onto a small child'.
They wouldn't take the tall lamp because it didn't have a certain sticker on it (even though it's in perfect working order).
However...they did take a pretty awful painting that I did years ago. I really don't know if they will sell it.
After that, I got my hair cut.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I have spent most of today doing sweet FA.
Now settling down to watch the first practice session for the Mexican F1 GP.
A dusty circuit, at high altitude, which hasn't been raced on for 2 years.
Already a couple of accidents.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I've been making wrist-warmers from socks. :chuckle:

As I LOVE socks Techy often buys them for me. One lovely warm Merino lot were too small. Bish, bash, overlocker, warm wrists. :chuckle:

Bad Bungle

Tutti but not Frutti.
Reaction score
Wiping down blood trail after slicing top finger on ironing board in communal Laundry room - the metal plate where the iron sits had become detached and bent up and I swiped my finger down the long edge. Found plasters but they were impossible to open without scissors - just retrieved first aid kit from car, but plasters and bandage impossible to open without scissors. I am a First Aider but applying bandage to own finger one-handed is tricky. Have taped down plate on ironing board and informed Landlord - waiting for throbbing to stop. Hope this doesn't affect swinging a detector tomorrow. On Amazon looking for self opening plaster station.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Wiping down blood trail after slicing top finger on ironing board in communal Laundry room - the metal plate where the iron sits had become detached and bent up and I swiped my finger down the long edge. Found plasters but they were impossible to open without scissors - just retrieved first aid kit from car, but plasters and bandage impossible to open without scissors. I am a First Aider but applying bandage to own finger one-handed is tricky. Have taped down plate on ironing board and informed Landlord - waiting for throbbing to stop. Hope this doesn't affect swinging a detector tomorrow. On Amazon looking for self opening plaster station.
I always have a few plasters ready cut in the old first aid box.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Our outside light isn't on a sensor, you have to physically turn it on at a switch by the back door. In the early hours of today I was up as usual and when someone walked past, I turned the light on, waited for a minute until they'd gone, then turned it off to fool them into thinking we actually do have a sensor light. I often do this and it is great now that the nights are drawing in, as I can do it in the evenings as well. It's better than TV I tell you.

Bad Bungle

Tutti but not Frutti.
Reaction score
I always have a few plasters ready cut in the old first aid box.
Not a problem when the plasters were in a paper cover or had an opening thread. New plasters seem to be shrink wrapped in plastic.

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
Hope you're OK.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
For many years what I have usually done with cuts on fingers is just used electrical insulation tape. Okay so it might not be ideal but it has plenty of 'give', and you can just wrap it round your finger, straight off the reel, single-handedly.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Picking grapes, we have a grape vine in the so called conservatory,
going to a club meeting tomorrow so thought I would take them
some free grapes, don't like to see them go to waste and we have been
eating them for about 3 months.

IMG_2516.JPG

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Picking grapes, we have a grape vine in the so called conservatory,
going to a club meeting tomorrow so thought I would take them
some free grapes, don't like to see them go to waste and we have been
eating them for about 3 months.

View attachment 47765
I'd eat all those at once, I LOVE grapes. :cool:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
We tried making wine but decided it was a waste of grapes.
When i buy all the marked-down fruit I eat as much as I can and then make the rest into smoothies. 11 punnets of plums were subjected to this treatment a few weeks ago. :cool:

Tunn11

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Hope
Hope you are OK. I remember when plasters used to come in tins with nice sharp edges!
For many years what I have usually done with cuts on fingers is just used electrical insulation tape. Okay so it might not be ideal but it has plenty of 'give', and you can just wrap it round your finger, straight off the reel, single-handedly.
And you can stick the fingers in electric sockets afterwards as well.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Went for a bike ride, just Techy and me, and had a Co-Op Meal Deal picnic on the Two Castles bench.

We also treated ourselves to a vanilla slice each for being good. :wink2:

The lanes are full of leaves blowing from the trees and the views are beautiful.
Every year I think 'Autumn, bah, it'll be cold and wet soon!' and then everything turns golden. :cool:

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Hope your tetanus shot is up to date.
Yes, trying to open any package one handed is a challenge. You'd think first aid items would be easier to handle.