What Have You Been Doing Today?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
A lit candle is one of last things I’d want in my ear & it couldn’t possibly suck wax out - it’s bollox. Olive oil or Otex is the diy way of softening wax which should then come out of it’s own accord. If not, get them syringed or sucked out with a vacuum device if you have delicate ears, but do the softening first.
I have no ear problems whatsoever but am deeply jealous of @cycleboy2 and his dragged-out ear-gunge.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A lit candle is one of last things I’d want in my ear & it couldn’t possibly suck wax out - it’s bollox. Olive oil or Otex is the diy way of softening wax which should then come out of it’s own accord. If not, get them syringed or sucked out with a vacuum device if you have delicate ears, but do the softening first.

Or let warm water run in when you're in the shower, and keep your head on one side for 10 seconds or so. Then let it run out.

If you do it every day you occasionally find a nice lump of wax drops out at random times.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Or let warm water run in when you're in the shower, and keep your head on one side for 10 seconds or so. Then let it run out.

If you do it every day you occasionally find a nice lump of wax drops out at random times.
I can see that working. I’ve got an ear I have to keep water out of so can’t do that.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
So the Kuga has had a full service today, so that's all fluids replaced, filters replaced, a blown fuse replaced.
Also found one of the front springs was broken! And the battery was only at about 50% of it's full effectiveness.
So I got those replaced too.
Nice to know I'm all good for the winter now.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I have no ear problems whatsoever but am deeply jealous of @cycleboy2 and his dragged-out ear-gunge.

My friend did Tough Mudder one year and found he'd gone almost deaf afterwards. He went to the doctor's, got the mud in his ears syringed out, and was right as rain. I suppose the clue was in the activity's name.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

That could work for me. :thought:

FunkyTT

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Well I can vouch for that Tomboloa site.... My winnings were in my account within the hour. The remaining £13 I left on to play with is all lost. ..... The winning streak/ beginners luck is over .

Won't be putting any more money on till next month now , and only a tenner.
Some hardcore gambling addicts on there , if you go on the chat thing it's always the same old names , any time of day or night.

Still can't believe I'm £180 up though . .. That will pay for a good Xmas food shop , get all the " posh " bits at Xmas . And a bottle of both Baileys n Tia Maria is standard . :)

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
…you occasionally find a nice lump of wax drops out at random times.

“So, how’s about you and I go somewhere quieter and really get to know one another?”

*plop*

“Please come back! That doesn’t happen often…”

:puke2:

maximus otter

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I can see that working. I’ve got an ear I have to keep water out of so can’t do that.
That's not all..

my-eye-im-not-supposed-to-get-pudding-in-it.gif

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
You have to persevere, it took ages to have any effect. I think the warm water gently softens whatever is there but it takes a while. Weeks or even months for me.

But it's an easy habit to get into and greatly improved my (admittedly mild) tinnitus.
The prospect of a random wax drop enthrals me. :loveu:

Yes, I live a quiet life.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
For as long as I can remember I have suffered with itchy ears. Many a time I have rammed a cotton- bud in way too far though.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Yep, I had two weeks of putting olive oil in my ear every day, and it did a good job of softening the wax first.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I've just got back from emptying out the storage unit I've been renting for years!
Yay!
I'm going to phone to arrange to drop off my keys.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I had my right ear syringed for the first time in my life. I'm having noise-reducing ear protectors made and this needed to be done first.

And I was staggered at the icky glob of stuff that was suctioned out - deep brown in colour and like a squashed insect 2cm or so long. Arrghhhh!!!

I can see why that needed doing before the fitting. The other ear was absolutely find and dandy.
Sounds like you’re getting a pair of moulded Musician’s Ear Plugs..

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Sounds like you’re getting a pair of moulded Musician’s Ear Plugs..
Yep, it's for going to gigs rather than playing, but I want to keep my hearing as good as possible for as long as possible.

Not many of the gigs I go to are that loud but I don't want to take any chances. That said, I'm still very wary of going to gigs at present, so they're not being used any time soon.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Ordering a fresh supply of target bullets for my .260 Valkyrie. (Out of my pensioner’s £200 winter heating bonus! :evillaugh: )

Cleaning out the deer fridge again, after l had to origami a monster roebuck into it a while ago.

Trying to convince myself that “weeding” and defragging my laptop counts as “work”.

maximus otter

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Anyway, there's a joke about earwax.