What Music?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
My neighbours love this song so much, they've thrown a brick through my window to hear it better .. :badge:

This one's for skinny

Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Something that stuck with me about Slipknot was Graham Coxon's observation that they're basically The Wombles.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Slipknot passed me by, as did most nu-metal (though there were a few things under that umbrella that I love - SOAD, RATM). However I do seem to recall that one of them was from Banbury, the crap town I went to college in (no offence to any Banburyites out there, but it didn't agree with me).

EDIT: This seems to be totally untrue and I've got no idea why I've had this fake fact in my mind for so long.

EDIT 2: A news story from 2002 - Metal fans email knitting club also called 'Slipknot'

Last edited:

Swifty

Noel Edmonds impressively (for the 70's) keeping his hands to himself and The Wombles

Swifty

.. and seeing as it's cheesy 80's self absorbed teen drama Saturday, Some Kind Of Wonderful - the soundtrack

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
Slipknot passed me by, as did most nu-metal (though there were a few things under that umbrella that I love - SOAD, RATM). However I do seem to recall that one of them was from Banbury, the crap town I went to college in (no offence to any Banburyites out there, but it didn't agree with me).

EDIT: This seems to be totally untrue and I've got no idea why I've had this fake fact in my mind for so long.

EDIT 2: A news story from 2002 - Metal fans email knitting club also called 'Slipknot'
I'd say RATM weren't NM but were clearly an influence on it, SOAD sounded significantly different (and better) than "typical" NM, which was, by and large; puerile, infantile drek. Slipknot had the potential to be interesting but ultimately were dumb as fuck and a little too close to Korn et al. They have several songs I like as pure, brainless energy rushes and a few nice atmospheric tracks on the first two albums but were mostly meat and potatoes, redneck gumbies.

skinny

Antediluvian
Wow, that was quite a ride
Lil D is one of the funniest rappers I've ever heard. That was my first taste too - his later stuff gets more accessible.

Check out the reviews on Lost In Vegas (YT channel) - George and Ryan adore his work.

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
I wish a giant, unimaginable monster like that would rise out of the depths and destroy us all but then I'm an incurable Romantic.

skinny

Antediluvian
That would be so nice. I'm just ploughing through an old thread on Nessie at IHTM, and there are monsters surfacing throughout. Very exciting thread.