What Music?

skinny

Antediluvian
The Clash full albums for the past 4 hours.
In the same order as I encountered them in my youth:

I tried for over two hours to find a thread I made called "Ten out of ten albums" and it seems to have been left behind in the transfer,
so here's a 10/10 recommendation for anyone who likes Joe.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
.. fuck THE CLASH skinny?, have some Sleaford Mods instead mate .. I'll explain the 19.2 18.4 intro later ..

Last edited:

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
I saw Sleaford Mods a few years ago, Jason has a weird "tick" when performing where he aggressively rubs the back of his head, almost like a parody of a shampoo advert, he mist have done it 50-100 times in a 75 minute set.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Here's one of the current "shout rock" crop who actually have a decent tune:

Plus it's a bit of fun, too.

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
To me, the Sleaford Mods sound like a bunch of angry middle aged white men setting the world to rights on Twitter. There's no tunes, either.
You are wrong, they a pair of angry middle aged white men setting the world to rights on Twitter.

Great fun is being had at Page's expense.

Robbie Williams is "blasting Black Sabbath music" to torment his neighbour Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page over their bitter home extension row

The Take That singer won a five-year battle when he was granted conditional approval last year to build a basement swimming pool at his London home. Page fears excavation work will damage his 1875 Grade-I listed mansion. Williams is also imitating Page's band mate Robert Plant, according to the complaint to the council.

A letter to the authority states that as well as playing Sabbath, the singer has been playing Pink Floyd and Deep Purple songs at high volume, as "he knows this upsets" Page. It is not publicly known who wrote the complaint, other than the fact it is signed "Johnny". The correspondent adds that Williams has also dressed up to imitate Plant by "wearing a long hair wig, and stuffing a pillow under his shirt in an attempt to mock or imitate Mr Robert Plant's beer belly that he has acquired in his older age".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-46855232

INT21

Justified & Ancient
Just been listening to some Pink Floyd.

Now, I like them, generally speaking, but some of the earlier stuff does sound as if it is really a piss-take. And the long drawn out cacophony of tracks like 'careful with that axe, Eugene' and the 'picks grooving in a cave' thing seems just like a bunch of ex university yobbos seeing how much they can feed to the punters and still get paid.

Anyone else get that feeling ?

INT21.

GNC

King-Sized Canary

Now, I like them, generally speaking, but some of the earlier stuff does sound as if it is really a piss-take. And the long drawn out cacophony of tracks like 'careful with that axe, Eugene' and the 'picks grooving in a cave' thing seems just like a bunch of ex university yobbos seeing how much they can feed to the punters and still get paid.

I once voiced the opinion that PF weren't completely brilliant in an online discussion some years ago (not on here) and received a torrent of abuse. So be careful with that opinion, Eugene. For the record, I love the first album.

INT21

Justified & Ancient
Yeah, some people do tend to get a bit tribal about such things.

I liked 'The wall' probably all of it. Bit of a weird film though.

And probably half of the rest.

Gilmore did a very good live stadium show a few years back.

Can't think if anything that is coming down the pipe to replace these 'super groups'.

Maybe Kosheen ?

INT21.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Yeah, some people do tend to get a bit tribal about such things.

I liked 'The wall' probably all of it. Bit of a weird film though.

And probably half of the rest.

Gilmore did a very good live stadium show a few years back.

Can't think if anything that is coming down the pipe to replace these 'super groups'.

Maybe Kosheen ?

INT21.
Have to keep in mind here, these were profoundly trippy times and LSD was a fundamental game changer.

There was a comparative German band (popular in the UK) we used to listen at that time and although still have some of their albums, haven't heard them for many a year... until now...

Thanks INT21!

Keep On Truckin', man... :loveyou:

INT21

Justified & Ancient
...and LSD was a fundamental game changer. ..

And it fundamentally changed a lot of brains.

Most hippies eventually recovered from too much weed. Not many from too much LSD

:).

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers

INT21.
100% with you on that ... maybe I would have liked them if I'd been around in their glory years. I'm not a fan of prog rock in general though.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
...and LSD was a fundamental game changer. ..

And it fundamentally changed a lot of brains.

Most hippies eventually recovered from too much weed. Not many from too much LSD...
A case in point being Syd Barrett.

IIRC, Dave Gilmour met him again in recent years and 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' is Gilmour's tribute.