• Hello everyone, we will rebooting the web server on Sunday February 17th 2019 at 1800 (6pm) GMT / 1300 (1pm) EST to apply some server updates.

We will also be applying some updates to the forums software.

This will result in approximately 30 minutes of downtime

What Music?

skinny

Antediluvian
:yellowc:^ None of that is correct. eg Shine On was recorded in 1975. Syd died in 2006.
I'm curious, why do you present visually as a Floydhead, CN? I encourage you / highly recommend you get into their early stuff and even read a book about their journey, just to get a bit of very important context for that early music that the luddites above have neglected to take into account. There are tons about. You won't regret it. Great music. Pioneering stuff prior to 71, granted, but start with Echoes and see your way forward through time. If it sucks, you can still come here and tell everyone how crap Pink Floyd were. lol

For the record, I love the first album.
Classic 60s London. Still gets a lot of turntime here too.

I'm currently on The Crannies.

"Having taken some time out to come to terms with O'Riordan's death, the band have now completed an entire album of music, using demos they recorded in late 2017: In The End" https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46881247

RIP, Del.

skinny

Antediluvian
I like this about as much as I like the first album. Bit meh. Every song she writes seems to have the line "Do you remember?" in it.
Anxious to hear the other tracks now.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
:yellowc:^ None of that is correct. eg Shine On was recorded in 1975. Syd died in 2006
No probs, mate, just a wee misunderstanding...

When I said, 'tribute', didn't mean he had died!

Here's an online commentary, which equates with my understanding:

https://www-planckmachine-com.cdn.a...yd-shine-on-you-crazy-diamond-lyrics-meaning/

The fact it was written in 1975, is a definitive WTF?

Until now, always thought is was a Dave Gilmour composition, circa 10 years ago.

Sincere cheers for this, will get back on other points soon as...

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
So... if you incidentally come across a never before heard of, all female, band called, 'The Shaggs', you might reasonably wonder why?

Here's a clue...

Disclaimer: Posted under the topic...

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Saturday morning here, the early hours of Friday night in the UK. I decided to tune into 'listen live' on radio 6 and they're playing some really fucking banging club music which is going perfectly with breakfast.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
...and LSD was a fundamental game changer. ..

And it fundamentally changed a lot of brains.

Most hippies eventually recovered from too much weed. Not many from too much LSD

:).
What a completely dumb statement. I know plenty of people, myself included, who did a fair amount of LSD, some of it the "ego death" strong stuff you hear about in legends. I'm not in a mental hospital and I'm holding down a responsible job, paying the bills, etc.

I'm not saying some people didn't end up dead or in a bad way but there are countless people who didn't. Alcohol has caused far more deaths than LSD and yes LSD needs to be used with caution.

If you are going to comment on something at least know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Not been that active for making music while on forum sabbatical as mostly working on my playing or have had other stuff on.

This little effort from a month or two back may amuse, I really do need to do a proper cover of the track as it's cracking.

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Speaking of music and drugs. Quite chuffed I just managed to track down a cd copy of Music to Play in the Dark Vol 2.

Almost certainly a dodgy copy/bootleg but beats the hell out of paying £50+ on Ebay for an original that may or may not be.

Peter and Geoff are long gone now.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Not been that active for making music while on forum sabbatical as mostly working on my playing or have had other stuff on.

This little effort from a month or two back may amuse, I really do need to do a proper cover of the track as it's cracking.

I'm guessing you're a Lexx fan?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I've just had the maddest dream where I'd moved to Norfolk with a girl from Lichfield and now I'm with a Norfolk girl mate? .. the last thing I remember was I was getting on a train in the midlands .. I was at this party before that .. I was especially there at the 3:50 moment .. and the 13:00, that wasn't fun. Fukin wicked party all in all though mate :cool:

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I've just had the maddest dream where I'd moved to Norfolk with a girl from Lichfield and now I'm with a Norfolk girl mate? .. the last thing I remember was I was getting on a train in the midlands .. I was at this party before that ..

Swifty, mate...it wasn't a dream...

INT21

Justified & Ancient
Naughty _Felid,

Nothing dumb about it.

..I'm not saying some people didn't end up dead or in a bad way but there are countless people who didn't. ..

So you acknowledge that people are damaged. And that the number who have not been damaged cannot be counted. As a percentage ? High or low ?

Then you fall back on the old 'more damaged by alcohol' argument.

Possibly because many thousands more people over the generations have been drinking alcohol to excess (how much is too much ?) than have been using a known psychotropic like LSD.

You used it and got away unscaithed. Good for you, but maybe you were just lucky.

...If you are going to comment on something at least know what you are talking about...

But I do.. In fact you have admitted as much in your post; read it.

I live in an area that is infested with druggies. And I see the results on most of my visits to town.

And every night we have the sordid little shits driving around the place selling their poison to a clientele who why have managed to get hooked.

If you want to glorify the use of drugs, so be it.

But don't try telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about.

INT21.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Naughty _Felid,

Nothing dumb about it.

..I'm not saying some people didn't end up dead or in a bad way but there are countless people who didn't. ..

So you acknowledge that people are damaged. And that the number who have not been damaged cannot be counted. As a percentage ? High or low ?

Then you fall back on the old 'more damaged by alcohol' argument.

Possibly because many thousands more people over the generations have been drinking alcohol to excess (how much is too much ?) than have been using a known psychotropic like LSD.

You used it and got away unscaithed. Good for you, but maybe you were just lucky.

...If you are going to comment on something at least know what you are talking about...

But I do.. In fact you have admitted as much in your post; read it.

I live in an area that is infested with druggies. And I see the results on most of my visits to town.

And every night we have the sordid little shits driving around the place selling their poison to a clientele who why have managed to get hooked.

If you want to glorify the use of drugs, so be it.

But don't try telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about.

INT21.
Kids aren't dropping acid these days, they're mostly doing weird combinations of powders mostly involving cleaning products it seems.

INT21

Justified & Ancient
Swifty,

...Kids aren't dropping acid these days, ..

Thank (Deity of choice) for that.

Snorting ajax probably isn't as harmful.

INT21