What Music?

skinny

Antediluvian
^ Holger's great. Holger made a collaboration EP in 1983 with Jah Wobble and The Edge. I still get this on regularly. Track 2 is sublime (Hold On To Your Dreams).
The sound quality on this YT version of the EP is quite poor. Best to rev up the middle a bit with some eq.

skinny

Antediluvian
This upbeat dance music is keeping me semi-cheer while I try to battle a head cold ... in the middle of a heat wave. Ugh. At least I can still taste food. Oop, oh no, there it goes. :died: RIP sense of taste. Now for the sinusitis.

:ddance:

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Singer, songwriter, musician and the next Glastonbury child.

Almost impossible to take in, this young lady has just turned fifteen and not shy of addressing, dark issues, such as depression.

Seemingly, Grace's latest release...

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
...and another point... we've just watched a wee bit of this (so far)...

It's one of the Legendary performances @ T...

Just realising how, eternally epic, this is...

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Aye, there is one, pal. :)

I spent ages, looking for this especially and was just about to post it..
:boozing:

99% of people won't know this but Keith Flint isn't the first 'frontman' The Prodigy have lost, that would be M.C. Ruff, their original M.C. who died in a car accident over 20 years ago.. Keith Flint was basically what Sid Vicious was to the Sex Pistols back then, an incredibly enthusiastic member of the crowd signed up who then also became the media face of the band.

Not that I'm slagging Keith Flint off or anything, I hated Firestarter though .. it had/has nothing to do with the underground hardcore rave scene, no matter how popular it was.

One Prodigy rave anecdote I can share is that they weren't really that more popular than other crews like SL2 (Slipmatt & Lime), Top Buzz, Rat Pack ... everyone adored Baby D, she'd be on stage live singing 'Let Me Be Your Fantasy' at these same parties .. the ravers didn't care for celebrities, just raving and trying not to get arrested for carrying drugs.

The anecdote is that Mick Plant walked me into a DJ booth at Shelly's one night, Liam Howlet told us he'd just heard that 'Charly' had just exploded into the mainstream charts and was worried that he'd just 'sold out' rave. Mick replied with "Yes, probably .. but Charly's a wicked tune and ravers will always flood the floor for it." which cheered Liam up a bit.

Keith, Maxim and other XL Recordings people were pilling their tits off and gurning like mad. That's just how it was but details like that make record executives nervous so Keith was made into a clown bouncing around as punk rocker in that video instead. We weren't punk rockers, we were all dancing to digital and speeded up rap and reggae samples.

Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I was reminded of this tonight, their only decent record (probably):

Wendy James was incredibly pretentious for a lady dressed in just her bra and pants half the time.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Weezer have done a cover version/carbon copy of Aha - Take On Me. I quite like it. Even though it's almost exactly the same as the original.

Last edited:

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
I was reminded of this tonight, their only decent record (probably):

Wendy James was incredibly pretentious for a lady dressed in just her bra and pants half the time.
Saw Wendy James on the tube a couple of years ago, she still favours very short skirts.