What Music?

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I saw him being decidedly catty about Gene Simmons once but it was pretty funny and Simmons is probably a massive twat.
That surprises me, but Gene Simmons is indeed a massive twat.

Did you know he sent a cease-and-desist threat to King Diamond (ex-Mercyful Fate) because his stage makeup was deemed too similar to his own?

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
That surprises me, but Gene Simmons is indeed a massive twat.

Did you know he sent a cease-and-desist threat to King Diamond (ex-Mercyful Fate) because his stage makeup was deemed too similar to his own?
Yeah, that was Dio's point, Gene attempted claim he'd invented everything and tried to claim copyright or somesuch. Wanker. He was an articulate and interesting interviewee.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
This is awesome. The Crimson Idol was a 1992 concept album by W.A.S.P. and one of the best releases of the band's career. Last year Blackie Lawless returned to it, re-recorded it entirely with his new band and produced an album-length video to accompany the audio. Apparently the motivation was to regain the rights to the recording that languish with a former label, but they've made a real virtue out of necessity. I'm not in love with the video (it's not bad, but it's not amazing), but the music is awesome and features extra tracks not originally released. The changes to the playing and production are very small, but they have a big effect and really update the sound. The vocals are extremely good, far better than you could hope to expect for a sixty-one year old singing parts he wrote twenty-seven years ago. Great drumming, like the original release.

(Annoying Spanish subtitles):