What Music?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Because I mentioned it on another thread, here's Motley Crue doing Dr Feelgood:

Do you think this might be about drugs? Those guitars, tho'!

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Just discovered the music of Ursula Bogner, interesting stuff!

The electronic remains of Ursula Bogner
by Alisa Yamasaki
Jun 24, 2014
Ursula Bogner (1946-94) was a German pharmacist, wife and mother with a passion for the unfamiliar, which included electronic music.
At her home studio, she layered sonic textures and her own voice to create explorative, playful pieces that have a slight outer-space feel. She kept these experiments to herself, and years after her death they were unearthed by German electronic musician Jan Jelinek.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2014/06/24/music/electronic-remains-ursula-bogner/#.XNnkbNh7nIU

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Can anyone tell me where to start with the Manic Street Preachers? I've recently been taken by surprise by 'Motorcycle Emptiness', but the lyrics are – and I know this is a controversial standpoint because Richey Manic is so revered – absolute dogshit. Wonderful music, though. I've tried listening to 'The Holy Bible' but can't get into it, is there another point of entry? I'm also not really into the more indie sound of their later stuff.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Can anyone tell me where to start with the Manic Street Preachers? I've recently been taken by surprise by 'Motorcycle Emptiness', but the lyrics are – and I know this is a controversial standpoint because Richey Manic is so revered – absolute dogshit. Wonderful music, though. I've tried listening to 'The Holy Bible' but can't get into it, is there another point of entry? I'm also not really into the more indie sound of their later stuff.
The Everything Must Go album would seem to be their most accessible, and though some of Richie's lyrics were used, they weren't too poseur pretentious.

Here's the title track, still sounds pretty decent with its Wall of Sound production:

The Holy Bible is a bad place to start! Maybe because it comes from a very bad place.