What Music?

skinny

Antediluvian
Dem fine Aussie rock 1980 ~bloke in this video pic below is the same bloke as the one above ^ - pic taken three months ago. Still kickin 'it hard.
Cold Chisel - Tomorrow

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Congratulations, middle aged men of Planet Earth! Katy Perry has a new single out!

I was very sad this morning to learn that Leon Redbone died yesterday at a hospice in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. So I listened to his music all morning on Spotify. He was unique. He revived ragtime, vaudeville and Tin Pan Alley music, and my big regret is never having seen him in concert.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
I always get this...
(not sure why the exceptionally beautiful Salma Hayek is in the clip, she's hardly a "gypsy" in that film)
when I always mean this...

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I saw him being decidedly catty about Gene Simmons once but it was pretty funny and Simmons is probably a massive twat.
Much honesty and integrity on display here in an archive interview with Dio:

Who did anything like this live on a stage?
Mercury? Dickinson or Halford in their prime? Not many others...

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I think, on balance, this is about the best live recording I've ever heard of Iron Maiden. It's before Bruce burned his voice out for a while with epic over-touring and reckless screams. The band is all on form and very tight and (with all credit to Nicko, who I like), Clive Burr is on fire behind the drums.

skinny

Antediluvian
Giving a lot of time to Bob Rich. Nest is sweet with birdsong set to a pure ambient background. Like a fine combination of Eno and Stearns.