What Music?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Back when all this was fields, I'd pay just ten quid to rave at dodgy parties with The Prodigy, Baby D and Slipmat and Lime (aka SL2) at 'Shelly's' in Stoke on Trent all live on stage and stuff ..

skinny

HARD AS NAILS
Just getting this stuck tune out of my head. No idea how it got in. Don't really like it much. I have been listening to a lot of commercial FM recently in the car, so it likely snuck in there.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
It does always bewilder me that I live near and often walk through the place where Lewis Carroll lived and worked...okay, Charles Dodgson. But still...LEWIS CARROLL...Alice in bloody wonderland. Here, where I live!
I never have, but should I wish to, this is clearly the song to listen to whilst taking some kind of hallucinogenic on a summer's afternoon...
I live near here as well, apparently...
Oxford is beautiful, give or take the odd murder (thanks Colin! x)

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
first single that I personally bought.
Before that it was the Wombles, Elvis, or people singing about combine harvesters. My dad memorably "helped" with a Blondie single that my mum was very not happy about...

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
I love both versions and I'm in love with the singer in both versions (but if it boils down to haircuts, Annie all the way)

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Rally 'Round the West Indies - even though they are having an interesting time in the cricket! This version because it comes with great archive footage.

skinny

HARD AS NAILS
Nice to see you, Ren.

I just played every second video down this page simultaneously for a kick. There was something vaguely Floydian and quite satisfying about the way each ended, thinning out the cacophony until just one piece remained to play out - no idea which song it was, but it had organ, a plucky bass and industrial overtones, so I guess it was one Yith's recs. Sped up to a slightly thrashy ending sound effect of water gurgling down a plughole. Job done. Time for brekky.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Nice to see you, Ren.

I just played every second video down this page simultaneously for a kick. There was something vaguely Floydian and quite satisfying about the way each ended, thinning out the cacophony until just one piece remained to play out - no idea which song it was, but it had organ, a plucky bass and industrial overtones, so I guess it was one Yith's recs. Sped up to a slightly thrashy ending sound effect of water gurgling down a plughole. Job done. Time for brekky.
My fave track from that album.