What Music?

skinny

Antediluvian
Nice to see you, Ren.

I just played every second video down this page simultaneously for a kick. There was something vaguely Floydian and quite satisfying about the way each ended, thinning out the cacophony until just one piece remained to play out - no idea which song it was, but it had organ, a plucky bass and industrial overtones, so I guess it was one Yith's recs. Sped up to a slightly thrashy ending sound effect of water gurgling down a plughole. Job done. Time for brekky.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Nice to see you, Ren.

I just played every second video down this page simultaneously for a kick. There was something vaguely Floydian and quite satisfying about the way each ended, thinning out the cacophony until just one piece remained to play out - no idea which song it was, but it had organ, a plucky bass and industrial overtones, so I guess it was one Yith's recs. Sped up to a slightly thrashy ending sound effect of water gurgling down a plughole. Job done. Time for brekky.
My fave track from that album.

skinny

Antediluvian
The sun is rising
The earth is rolling over
The world shrugs off the night
Dressing down for the daily masses
Why go on?

skinny

Antediluvian
Calling up the dead to dance here. It's for love, money and influence. Do not stand unless you want all three. You can waggle your toe and slap a thigh.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
I love the early DCD. Isn't the painting on the video so wonderful.
Dead Can Dance is such an incredible band. I love early music and Dead Can Dance explored that beautiful vein of musical wonderfulness on Aion...witness:
just so lovely. Aion is an idiotically brilliant album with a perfect bit of cover art and the music inside reflecting Bosch's time period beautifully
what a way to start an album!

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Well, if this doesn’t get me banned from the internet, I don’t know what will.
It’s Friday Dance Night with Rolf Harris and The Young Generation.
With cultural appropriation and a whiff of garlic thrown in for good measure.

Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Damn, this is catchy, these girls are great:

Also, Big Wows is a fantastic name for an album.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
You like that one because it was their disco record. From a band who hated disco. Hypocrites.