What Music?

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Happened across this while checking out the contents of some Kurt Weill sheet music that popped up on Ebay.

When you've been playing Bioshock recently, you sort of keep expecting someone to shout "Parasite" then run in wearing a mask and shooting fire from their hands!

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
But who is Abul Mogard?

"Abul Mogard was born in Belgrade, Serbia, and spent most of his life working in a metal factory. When he retired he began to miss the clunk, clatter and rhythm of the sounds that punctuated his day. So he began to make music, experimenting with a synthesizer to reimagine the lost sounds of his environment – the whirs, immersive drones and hissing ambience. The results were incredible and releases began to stack up. Glowing reviews came pouring in and you could read gushing articles, such as a deeply personal essay on Medium that someone wrote entitled “The Calloused Hands of Abul Mogard”, in which the author talks about how he relates to the Serbian’s music due to the working class ethics and approach that permeates throughout his records......"

https://www.loudandquiet.com/interv...er-abul-mogard-and-other-cult-origin-stories/

shellac7

Junior Acolyte
[QUOTE="James_H, Sonic Youth's music got subtler as they went on. I think this was near the top of their game.[/QUOTE]
Hit and miss, and I loved them. Saw them maybe 30 times through the years. I think Sister way my favorite. This version makes me a bit emotional. Thurston pulls it off on one guitar too.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Ezra Furman is VERY ANNOYED AGAIN:

You might have to sign into YT to see this one, but it's just a cartoon directed by Beth Jeans Houghton.