What Music?

She's great. I feel sure she'll get a really big hit sometime soon.
Very nice. She's got the X factor. Something magic only a big hit could kill, really.

This is my favourite Wardruna track thus far. A shamanic chant sung in the round ~ Solringen
Sola gjekk i ringen, sumaren sende

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
New Tool album due August 30th.

Here's a live version of two of the tracks:

This isn't the greatest recording, but Danny Carey has such a great drum sound.

Last edited:

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Now a collection costing £5 by the checkout at all good supermarkets.
Cracking song....

But, of course, not as good as the best song ever recorded....

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
I was a pure bred original goth in the 80s. Loved Sisters of Mercy, the Damned, Bauhaus, the Mission, all that malarkey. Looked like Strawberry Switchblade before Strawberry Switchblade was a thing.
The most gothic song then and I still believe now, for me, was this...
To say I had mother issues would be understating it to a tragi/comic level. I would listen to that song over and over, day after day, feeling every single word. It still makes me angry, and cry, to this day.

Here's where I began and ended a couple of months ago. I have listened to this over 50 times since February. Still not bored. I feel like I'm 16 again. Song of the (last) year.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
I'm not qualified enough to talk about time signatures, but there are some great changes here.

Re time signatures, starts off 7/8, goes to 6/8, then 4/4.

The first Tool track from your post above is also 7/8. Not that common. Agree with the great drum sound.

Here's a song in 5/4 which is even more uncommon, especially in pop.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Incredible drumming from Pierre Moerlen.

I'm not qualified enough to talk about time signatures, but there are some great changes here.

I was introduced to Gong by one of the most superficially straitlaced people I have ever met, back in the late 80s before I started to work in a record shop. It was about the coolest thing about me back then: I knew about Gong!