What Music?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member

I was thinking, ok, well, this is pretty good--miles better than most Beatles covers at least--I hate Beatles covers...

Jeff Lynne's in good voice here, too.

And then Prince came on to play the solos and I thought: that's bloody good.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers

I was thinking, ok, well, this is pretty good--miles better than most Beatles covers at least--I hate Beatles covers...

I was never really into Prince when he was alive, I'd half written him off as just a cheesy perv in the 80's but I regularly play his stuff at work now .. I'm born again reformed ..

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I was never really into Prince when he was alive, I'd half written him off as just a cheesy perv in the 80's but I regularly play his stuff at work now .. I'm born again reformed ..
Same here. I'm still not a fan but there's no doubt at all that he had talent.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient

A great performance (rumoured to be unpracticed too), but where did his guitar go at the end? A mystery in itself!

Cochise

Antediluvian
I'm not a natural Who fan - we used to kick over scooters if they parked outside 'our' pub - but Quadrophenia is one of the best - if not the best - double albums ever. The Mrs and I used to listen to it driving to work 83/84 when we were first going out and for various reasons keeping it secret - it's full of emotions for me now.