What Music?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
.. more madness choons from '94 onwards .. yeah, go on then mate .. more reasons to be cheerful forever in electric dreams and stuff and that ..

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Picking a 'best' Sabbath riff is a fool's errand (there are far too many candidates), but the main risk from 'Under the Sun' is bloody sinister and infectious as hell.

english-musician-tony-iommi-of-the-group-black-sabbath-news-photo-103970211-1541782020.jpg

Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
This is going out to the sistahs, we've all been here, haven't we, girls?

No, wait, I have no idea what I'm talking about. But it is a catchy tune.

Swifty

The answer is 'Symptom Of The Universe'. Plus you get the greatest LP cover of all-time.

I was born in Aston, Birmingham .. I can't remember this but my Mum told me she remembered pushing my pram past the Black Sabbath rehearsal room/community centre or whatever and doing a tut at that "God awful sound" .. she wasn't impressed ..

Swifty

This is going out to the sistahs, we've all been here, haven't we, girls?

No, wait, I have no idea what I'm talking about. But it is a catchy tune.
I, like, soooooo know where they're coming from GNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
The answer is 'Symptom Of The Universe'. Plus you get the greatest LP cover of all-time.

Nah, Symptom of the Universe might be a 'top-ten' for me, but not in first place.

Off the top of my head, I prefer the main riffs from Children of the Grave, Into the Void and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath--probably more.

I assumed you've listened to the Bruce Dickinson and Godspeed version of that last one?

Swifty

Mornin' all! .. has the coffee machine been fixed yet?.. *cough splutter yawn*

Last edited:

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Nah, Symptom of the Universe might be a 'top-ten' for me, but not in first place.

Off the top of my head, I prefer the main riffs from Children of the Grave, Into the Void and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath--probably more.

I assumed you've listened to the Bruce Dickinson and Godspeed version of that last one?
Oh yes. It's on the brilliant 'Nativity In Black' which is one of the few 'tribute albums' that actually works.

Also includes this beast of a version:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Oh yes. It's on the brilliant 'Nativity In Black' which is one of the few 'tribute albums' that actually works.

Also includes this beast of a version:

I listened to that album a lot when it came out. Igor's drums on that track are huge.

Straightest cover on there was probably the Cathedral version of Solitude. I was also a big Cathedral fan as a teenager.

In fact, speaking of epic riffs, Utopian Blaster (featuring Tony Iommi) is possibly my favourite track of theirs!