What Music?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Whenever I hear Haim interviewed, they sound like a real handful, and yet they can release something as soothing as this:

They're a pop anomaly!

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Whenever I hear Haim interviewed, they sound like a real handful, and yet they can release something as soothing as this... They're a pop anomaly!
They most arguably are!

One of my favourite ever, 'T in the Park' performances - an engaging cover version and sticking to the original, with some fine guitar in doing so.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I remember the illegal rave scene being very dangerous if you weren't careful ... and people perversely dancing to this tune called 'he died of an overdose' about the same time people started collapsing on dance floors because of illegal drugs (that's what we called it anyway) .. and paramedics turning up on random nights at clubs at the same time. I had a good laugh though :).. and I didn't die. Don't do drugs, none of them ever die with a smile. B-BOY international .. just keep dancing.

Last edited:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
'bad boy' raver stuff .. we weren't bad at all when people were watching .. I used to know one of these blokes, somehow he's turned 60 today ..

skinny

TITAN
Reaction score
Magic ^
Never saw the Oils in full attack in their prime, but that's it. I also couldn't play Stand In Line on my bass in our band. It was too fast. The only song I could never get down completely and consistently, try as I might. Giffo was a freak. We had to let it go and used to do King of the Mountain instead (yawn). The Oils were a 10-cylinder combustion engine that stayed on the redline longer than every other Aussie band bar one.

Here's a biker's account of his weekend at that particular festival in 81. Looks bloody frosty in the Oils vid.
https://www.ozbike.com.au/falling-down-at-tanelorn/

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Synthwavey tracks, but with some kind of gothy-Pet Shop Boys meets Nintendo substructure:

Last edited:

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Reaction score
Today's Roxette song brought to you by Zebs is this lovely song from Per Gessle and Marie Fredriksson before they actually became Roxette.
I love this song.

(RIP Marie).

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Excuse me a moment..

Found the chorus in my head earlier for no discernible reason.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Since I've just pre-ordered a forthcoming LP from Cornershop I thought that I'd share this little gem:
Excellent! I still have that on CD single! It does sound like he's singing "The overgrown supershit" though.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
A surprising thing to find. I vaguely knew he could play, but this is quite fun.

Zeke Newbold

Carbon based biped.
Reaction score
A song by the Georgian/ Russian hip hop/rap artist L'One which appeared on the Russian science fiction movie Attraction (2017). It is neithe rap nor hip-hop - and is rather moving:

I don't know if the song was specifically written for the film or not, but is sure blends in with the atmosphere of wjstful longing that pervades it. Here is how it is used in the film itself: