What Music?

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
Crosby, Stills and Nash..."Shadow Captain"

Followed of course by the superb "Cathedral"...Fortean-themed tracks?? Just a bit!!

It isn't nearly five years since I last listened to these great tracks...but it IS nearly five years since I last posted my admiration & love for them, here on the forum.

I don't believe there are many songs that've been recorded which include (im)plicit lyric references to time-travel, reincarnation, OOBE, apostatism, levitation.....an extremely Fortean track. Cathedral, by CS&N

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
It's my burpday!

First three tracks of the annus novus..?

Novus annus..?

One of them two.

Then - all time number one.

And maybe just to calm things down a bit...

Happy birthday. I’d just like to say all of the best people are born on the first of February. Cough, cough. :)

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Really looking forward to this new Orielles album, if this is the title track:

Tapeloop

Junior Acolyte
The third and final of the original Slowdive albums turns 25 this week so I thought I'd post this highlight from it. Not normally a fan but this track is rather beautiful and blissed out. Probably the best band from my hometown that I remember (not fighting off a great deal of competition mind).

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Rated the best live version - Page's guitar wizardry is just epic...

There are some amazing (bootleg) recordings of the '75 and '77 tours: smoky, brooding renditions that are drawn out into semi-improvised jams for the whole band (really extended: 25-35 mins).

They did this with a number of songs, notably SIBLY, No Quarter, Dazed & Confused.