What Music?

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
imagine if you will david gilmour covering leonard cohen, how awesome would that be? well here he is doing just that (with his family)

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Killer live version of Hackett's classic song from Voyage of the Acolyte from 1975...
Oh joy... :bananas:

He is featured in a recent edition of Rolling Stone:

*Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett was midway through an American tour that featured a complete performance of the band’s 1973 landmark LP Selling England by the Pound when the coronavirus hit.

It forced him to postpone many of the shows until 2021, but he hasn’t let it stop him from playing for fans. He’s posted a series of acoustic guitar performances on YouTube in recent days that he filmed at his house, including the 1972 Genesis instrumental 'Horizon' and the extended intro to the band’s 1976 song “Blood on the Rooftops'.”

http//www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/watch-steve-hackett-perform-genesis-classics-home-978820/amp/

Vardoger

YOLO
Reaction score
Kate Bush' Wuthering Heights has always been hard to cover for most artists. They just can't reach that high pitch.
But this is an OK cover.

Vardoger

YOLO
Reaction score
Nightwish' Wishmaster has always been considered Tarja Turunen's own song, since no one has been able to copy her opera voice.
Here's Dan Vasc with another cover killing it.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Some proper hard rock....English style....
That's the essence of blues - had the volume turned up to 11 there.

I was privileged to see them live at the Green's Playhouse, Glasgow.

'Humble Pie Live at the Fillmore' was a seminal album and rarely off the turntable.

One of my favourite performances, of any band ever, is Humble Pie on the OGWT, supported by the Blackberries.

Difficult to tell which one's more stoned!

Marriot is awesome here - what a phenomenal blues voice he had.

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I went down the You Tube rabbit hole and found this musical collective. I'm not saying that is has influenced me, but I am currently covered in woad, wearing animal skins waiting to dance under the moonlight.

Vardoger

YOLO
Reaction score
I went down the You Tube rabbit hole and found this musical collective. I'm not saying that is has influenced me, but I am currently covered in woad, wearing animal skins waiting to dance under the moonlight.
Pretty sure you'll get a like from Skinny. And you get one from me.

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I have also discovered Wardruna. As a Northerner I think it is awakening my Nordic DNA.

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I saw them play in London last year, absolutely astounding live, if they ever have a gig/religious ceremony anywhere near you go and see them.