What Music?

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
It seems like everyone who hears it (including myself) expects it to be bad but ends up pleasantly surprised!
Might be able to enhance on this.

Naturally, it's always exciting to unearth a rare, on-stage performance, of a track you have never seen performed live.

Epecially so, when you unexpectedly turn up something stunning and it captures a moment featuring a brilliant band rendition, of an exceedingly special song.

Thus so it was when, earlier this very evening...

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Rare and early SAHB in the U.S. - Vambo tour. Just came up there as a YouTube suggestion!

Like..eh... AYE! I think so! Magic stuff! I didn't know of much from that era which survived.

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
Reaction score
Might be able to enhance on this.

Naturally, it's always exciting to unearth a rare, on-stage performance, of a track you have never seen performed live.

Epecially so, when you unexpectedly turn up something stunning and it captures a moment featuring a brilliant band rendition, of an exceedingly special song.

Thus so it was when, earlier this very evening...

That is a fantastic find! Thanks!
:)

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
Vardoger might like these guys...who started that found instrument thingy...they used all manner of industrial and other objects to make noise/music. My friend Greg turned me onto them many years ago...alas they never appealed to me.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Vardoger might like these guys...who started that found instrument thingy...they used all manner of industrial and other objects to make noise/music. My friend Greg turned me onto them many years ago...alas they never appealed to me.
I took my youngest son to see Stomp at a theatre in London, probably 15 years ago. All their music is conjured up from everyday objects, dustbin lids, brooms, boxes of matches. I must admit that I wasn’t looking forward to the show but it was my sons request and I ended up thoroughly enjoying it. Very talented group of girls and guys

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Also owners of one band name that you can really relish saying out loud.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
That is a fantastic find! Thanks!
:)
On the big TV screen, volume sorted perfecto, it's an absolute treasure!

The heavy rock guitar coming in, completely taken by surprise there - it works so well and wonderfully accomplished guitar work.

Cheers for highlighting the track. :ddance:

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
OASIS ALERT!

Just came across this a moment ago.

It's a rare, so early, Oasis acoustic performance - their first album had only been released.

If, likewise, you have never seen this before...

...OMG x incredible.

Might I suggest, you may wish to fast-forward through the inane MTV presentation and get straight to the music... :cool:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
When you can't win? .. cheat and win anyway

Last edited:

Vardoger

YOLO
Reaction score
I was reading about the Who Dares Wins show in The Daily Star where the contestants competed(or not) about staying 25 minutes in the ICY SEA.
In my head I instantly made the connection to June Tabor's song A Cold Wind used in the TV-series Spyship. Strange how the mind works.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
Went to stay at a friends in Dublin for a few days, he said he was going to a concert did I wiant to come. It was these guys who I had never heard of. Absolutely loved them and have followed them ever since.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
Lucia Popp singing Queen of the Night in Mozart's Magic Flute. Superb diction, exactly the right amount of vibrato (not much!), superb expression and..... just wonderful! For example

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
New Paradise Lost album is out.

This track is pretty good. Sounds like a metal version of the Sisters of Mercy--like the best of the Draconian Times-era.