What Music?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
This is probably the shittest anecdote I've got .. An old friend of mine rented an industrial estate area room in Tamworth .. he was the singer in a band called 'Crazy Beat Demons' .. he was using it as a recording studio and Julian Cope used it for the same reason before that ... Cope's cigarette buts were still all over the floor that we had to sweep up .. a few of us used to crash in that place after raves .. my friend was funny as well .. I asked him one year what he was getting his kids for Christmas and he answered truthfully, "Brightly coloured plastic" ..

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
This sounds like an interesting read...
I am currently about a third of the way through The KLF: Chaos, Magic & The Band Who Burned A Million Pounds by John Higgs. I have no particular interest in their music, but this has to be one of the most interesting and entertaining books I've read for a long while. So far there's been discussions of Jung's theory of synchronicity, Robert Anton Wilson and the Illuminatus! books, Discordianism, the assassination of JFK, Alan Moore, and the 80s neopsychedelic music scene in Liverpool (and I am only on page 93). When I say "discussions", I don't mean dry, academic "discussions" - I mean the kind of entertaining, laugh-out-loud "discussions" you might have with some of your more well-read mates after having a few. Higgs has also just published a book called The 20th Century: An Alternative History, which I am going to have to read immediately after I've finished this one.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Jim Steinman's best song.

That pre-pre-chorus, pre-chorus, chorus progression is fan-fucking-tastic writing.

Swifty

Reaction score
I used to have Alien Sex Fiend's song Zombified on 7" vinyl and I've been a Cramps fan since the 80's .. I've got a Cramps tour book somewhere that shows the band posing for a photo sitting outside Ed Gein's shed, I've been looking for that photo online recently to post it in the serial killers thread but haven't been able to find it .. I think I'm going to have to take a picture of my tour book pic and post in here on the above mentioned thread ..

feinman

Only human skeptics will be probed..
Reaction score
I used to have Alien Sex Fiend's song Zombified on 7" vinyl and I've been a Cramps fan since the 80's .. I've got a Cramps tour book somewhere that shows the band posing for a photo sitting outside Ed Gein's shed, I've been looking for that photo online recently to post it in the serial killers thread but haven't been able to find it .. I think I'm going to have to take a picture of my tour book pic and post in here on the above mentioned thread ..
AWESOME!! We are twins! I love them too, Swifty! Had a big crush on Poison Ivy too :sneaky2:

Swifty

Reaction score
AWESOME!! We are twins! I love them too, Swifty! Had a big crush on Poison Ivy too :sneaky2:
You've just dropped yourself in it bruv .. that tour book could just sit here gathering dust ... or ....

feinman

Only human skeptics will be probed..
Reaction score
You've just dropped yourself in it bruv .. that tour book could just sit here gathering dust ... or ....
That's sweet of you, but you just kick back and receive gifts for a bit! :)

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just discovered the amazing free-jazz drummer, Tony Oxley.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
BB King at Sing Sing on Thanksgiving 1973.
That was mesmerising, from start to finish.

Oh... this is also good...

This is really, really, good...

'Live Granada TV 1970-71'.

Epic Free, surprising Status Quo and fancy watching Richie Blackmore playing one of the greatest guitar solos.. and it's not even on his Strat. :badge::nods:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
That was mesmerising, from start to finish.

Oh... this is also good...

This is really, really, good...

'Live Granada TV 1970-71'.

Epic Free, surprising Status Quo and fancy watching Richie Blackmore playing one of the greatest guitar solos.. and it's not even on his Strat. :badge::nods:

I've been listening to Free all week.

Today this: