What Music?

Cochise

Never give up, never surrender
Reaction score
Relayer , Yes. Patrick Moraz. So far beyond Rick Wakeman (who I also quite like) as to compare Ringo with Bill Bruford. I also have the Refugee album he did with Davy O'List.

The Jimi Hendrix of the keys.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
Relayer , Yes. Patrick Moraz. So far beyond Rick Wakeman (who I also quite like) as to compare Ringo with Bill Bruford. I also have the Refugee album he did with Davy O'List.

The Jimi Hendrix of the keys.
Not my favorite Yes LP...but a very good one.....

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The brilliant David Sylvian, has to be my favourite musical artist. Someone posted on Facebook that he's retired, not sure if this is correct, his later experimental work is brilliant but hard to grasp if you like his earlier solo stuff and Japan.

Cochise

Never give up, never surrender
Reaction score
Not my favorite Yes LP...but a very good one.....

Sadly Yes never accepted him as a full member. There are other Yes albums I like, but I thought Moraz's contribution to this one made it something special,

Let us not mention 'Tales from Topographic Oceans' where we get in to Spinal Tap territory.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
^You might like this one of my favorite newer bands....heavy Yes influence at times....

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Bob Dylan back to his roots and sounding as meaningful as ever:

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
Eveyone should should learn this song and endeavour to sing it at least once a day.

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Must admit I'm not a huge fan of J M Jarre, but I may check out his virtual concert tonight at 20:00 (UK time).
He's promising a "Matrix-style" virtual world, presented by his avatar.

Not sure if a simple "Google cardboard" viewer will be any good for the 3D immersion elements though.

https://jeanmicheljarre.com/

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Another one from Dylan's new album. Minimalist and very caustic, but a real grower.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score

1592758507285.png

Got a bottle for Father's Day.....Dylan 's whiskey company.?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
What a charming thing this is:

Very summery. I thought she was American, but apparently she's a West Country lass.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
One of my favorite obscure Brit songs from 1967.....the band turned into a fairly well known prog band later. ;)

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
Just had a bit of a brain fart.
I asked myself is King Kurt on Spotify?
I dunno why the band suddenly 're-entered' my consciousness ... but the answer is yes. King Kurt is on Spotify.
I've got premium and, for nostalgia sake (seen 'em live, got 12" singles etc.), I'm listening to 'em again.
Just before I create a BBQ for my wife & stepson, along with plenty of alcoholic beverages.
Is this wise?
I aint wise so ... hey ho!

It might be noted that I'm wearing my kilt, military-style waistcoat and black beret. Well, that'll keep the neighbours socially distanced!

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A reddit thread about Kate's Running Up That Hill video/song reminded of how much this woman is an integeral part of my mind landscape. She is "home", the mad wench. And this is when I first found her, sat between my dad's legs, watching TOTP, and I squeaked and pointed "A witch!" Never loved anyone more, so completely, and without question than her. Fondness for black velvet, long dresses, flitting, and long hair purely conicidental!
And she is the only reason I give Emily Bronte a pass on that bloody book!

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Did you tell your Mum?
She was sat on the sofa, just to the side of the TV armchair that my dad sat in, and she was basically glad it wasn't Suzi Quatro. That armchair was also where I "read" my first newspaper, the Times, which I declared nonsense. For some reason I couldn't read newspaper columns