What Music?

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
God give me strength, but this is me in central London in the early 21st century wondering why I haven't been home....

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
Every time F1 comes around, I have to play this. Bear with it, The Girl in the Hat does it brilliantly. Watch her feet go.

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
Three king researchers
Use Google star maps
Bethlehem manger
A high-rated app
Book rooms at the inn
Flags first born male traps
Amazon wish-list
Delivery elapse
Blogging like Jesus
Tweet like a Pope
Site traffic heavy
I'm YouTubing hope
Shepherds are wanted
To mesmerise sheep
Taste-makers prosper
Profits are reaped
Market moves fast in
A blink of an eye
The needle is broken
The camel has died
Voting by proxy
Buying online
Selling on eBay
All that is mine
BlackBerry hedge fund
New Apple's divine
Dream time destruction
Outback becomes mine

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I've seen the utterly fantastic Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain on several occasions. During lockdown they've been putting out a weekly video – and I think this is their best yet: the Cure's Lovecats. Check out guest vocalist Laura Currie's other videos, featuring her on bass and ukulele (for good measure, she also edits this video, which is why the rest of the UOGB's videos resemble her solo efforts). If this doesn't bring a smile to your face, you have a heart made of granite!

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Just a couple to say goodbye to Ennio. The main theme from Duck, You Sucker!
Incredibly lyrical. Sentimental, I suppose, but it truly soars.

And in contrast, one of the most sinister soundtracks ever, his theme from John Carpenter's The Thing:

He did his research and made sure it was fitting for the director's style and it's wonderfully tense and bleak. "Let's just sit here and see what happens."

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
I keep going back to this. Not just because it’s one of the key songs from my youth but the very nature of Andy Gill’s performance and random feedback means this performance could never be reproduced. And I’ve seen a fair few versions.
The real beauty of this is when you look at it trapped like a fly in amber. Captured but somehow still buzzing. Oh and the dual vocal.

Last edited:

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
1594335145897.jpeg

Take a close look at the cover. This where we were back then.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
It does not think, it does not feel and it will not stop ..

skinny

Class of 1984
Reaction score

Boheme

is the second album of the French duo Deep Forest, released in 35 countries. It mainly sampled Eastern European gypsy songs (i.e. the Bohemians, hence the name of the album) with electronic music. Hit singles included "Marta's Song" (featuring Márta Sebestyén) and "Freedom Cry". The album became the duo's most successful one, selling over 4 million copies, receiving Diamond, Platinum and Gold awards in 15 countries and winning the Grammy Award for Best World Music Album .