What Music?

Sgt Girth

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Quite gobsmacked to hear that the choice of backing music on the trailer for the up and coming BBC series Harlots is “Fuck The Pain Away” by Peaches. The official video by Peaches is quite amazing and I heartily recommend that everyone gives it a viewing on Youtube .....You might feel somewhat tainted afterwards though and it would be prudent to have an up to date tetanus shot beforehand..........I’d provide a link but I’m a techno biff.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

i was at this gig im on the bassist side at ther end of the barrier and i cant believe i was in all that chaos and yes i was right in front of the pa.

Last edited:

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Naz Nomad and the Nightmares - Give Daddy the Knife Cindy - I had too Much to Dream Last Night.
Quite possibly my favourite album, in so far as when I bought it I was mad for sixties music and Dave Vanian, so I was prepped for heaven. My copy was on purple vinyl, and I played that thing to death!

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Whilst looking for something entirely unrelated, I noticed this earlier. I have no idea whatsoever of the background, never even heard mention of them, however I do know that the more I have played it this morning, the more I liketh... :nods:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Whilst looking for something entirely unrelated, I noticed this earlier. I have no idea whatsoever of the background, never even heard mention of them, however I do know that the more I have played it this morning, the more I liketh... :nods:

That's real Goth music.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
That's real Goth music.
I haven't researched the video, it's just a bit of fun not to!

I have strong suspicions there is a connection to the Sami culture of northern Scandinavia.

YouTube has suggested other recordings and I have chosen a couple which look particularly interesting.

Shall we delve further then...