What Music?

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Kraftwerk basically disowned their first 3 "official" albums, 1, 2 and this one "Ralf and Florian". Of course all 3 are my favourites by them ... figures. As far as I know none have got a proper issue on CD, or reissue on vinyl.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Kraftwerk basically disowned their first 3 "official" albums, 1, 2 and this one "Ralf and Florian". Of course all 3 are my favourites by them ... figures. As far as I know none have got a proper issue on CD, or reissue on vinyl.

Anything by Kraftwerk is either really expensive, imported or just impossible to find.
All I have is 2 albums.

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score

Sgt Girth

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
My vinyl collection has been consigned to the darkest reaches of my garage for the best part of 20 years now.....I just couldn’t ever bring myself to dispose of them....too many good memories. They’ll probably get throw in a skip when I finally go to meet my maker!

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Future Sound of Londons psychedelic side project Amorphous Androgynous has a new release out with a pretty stellar line up, including Peter Hammil of Van Der Graaf Generator and Paul Weller.

Might just preorder a 2nd press vinyl, its very good indeed.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I have Ralf and Florian on CD, found it at a record fayre.

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I have Ralf and Florian on CD, found it at a record fayre.
Pretty sure all CDs are unofficial "bootlegs" but its possible a real release got out? I dont see any CDs on Discogs not marked as such, but if it sounds ok who cares!

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A 'deep fake' version of the Stranglers' Golden Brown apparently performed by... Dave Brubeck back in the day. Beautifully put together and what the internet's all about. Well, that and cats, and the Forteana Forum. Natch!

Just played that to really confuse my lady, who became convinced that The Stranglers' version was a cover (until I found the original film of Take Five).

Another clever "Deep Fake" here of Edith Piaf singing Amsterdam - which Brel wrote a year after her death.

Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Pretty sure all CDs are unofficial "bootlegs" but its possible a real release got out? I dont see any CDs on Discogs not marked as such, but if it sounds ok who cares!
I haven't played it in years, but it sounded fine, I think...

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Negativland are back. This is a fantastic track from the new album.

Lightly NSFW probably.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I'm not the world's biggest Maximo Park fan, but this is a catchy new number and no mistake:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I will probably keep posting this until you all agree this is the best pop song ever.
And there. That’s the end of it.

I must agree with you. I feel compelled, nay, tempted, to do so.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
We took my niece to see this band at The Astoria in London. Turned out to be an interesting experience of onstage shenanigans.

And the moral is...

Last edited:

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I take it you didn’t watch her recent Duets on Ice performance then?
I didnt know she did a Duet on Ice I shall investigate. Songs From The Bardo was my last contact with her.

Edit: Ahh I see. It was an early performance piece - lovely :) "What would John Cage do" hah.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
I didnt know she did a Duet on Ice I shall investigate. Songs From The Bardo was my last contact with her.
It was a streamed live performance a couple of months ago, not aware it’s available anywhere. Would have liked to have seen an original 1970’s performance.