What Music?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Moonchild Sanelly's latest, Thunda Thighs:

An extraordinary-looking woman, I like her Sid James laugh on this track too. Got her EP to stream (no physical media) and of course my internet's gone wonky, so I haven't heard it all yet.

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I'd like to recommend this new release by everyn.

View attachment 32589

You can stream the album freely from here:
https://evryn.bandcamp.com/album/lovedrive

It's ambient, synthwavey Bladerunner/Boards of Canada/Future Sound of London-esque.

I find it a great to listen to as I tap away at the paperwork or gaze out of the window across the city.

Edit: direct listen here:

If you like it, Vanished, by the same artist (see links to the right) is just as good.
Most disappointed that Cyperpunk 77 dosent have a radio channel full of stuff like that.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
Currently getting into Pat Metheny,,, been a fan for a long time...

Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Internet mysteriously improved, so here's Moonchild Sanelly again because I've now heard and liked the EP:

Never thought I'd be buying South African pop, but here we are. Not sure how to feel about the track on the EP that ends with the backing singers chanting "PENIS!!!"

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Anyone else a new fan of Peat & Diesel after watching Romesh in the Hebrides? I know I am.

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I am remined of this song after reading the thread on odd sayings and the classic line "you're so ugly, you look like you've been wumped with an ugly stick':

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Perhaps some of earliest (1940s) rap (arguably!), as The Jubalaires perform 'Noah'.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I'm quite getting into this online music buying now. Been searching for The Long Ryders and Green on Red, but there doesn't seem to be much available apart from one or two albums and lots of 'Best ofs'...
Was searching for something obviously unrelated and this 2005 posting came up as one result!

Online music...? That will never work...

On which note, enough madness already and thankfully some more relaxed type music from Captain Sensible.

Detroit 1971

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I've been a little obsessed with the Ukranian band 'Jinjer' recently. Musically, they're all on-point, but Tatiana Shmaylyuk is definitely one of the most incredible vocalists I've ever heard.

(watch the whole thing for her full range)

Amazing. How on Earth does she do that?
Demonic possession. It's the only explanation. :)

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I've been a little obsessed with the Ukranian band 'Jinjer' recently.
Me no likey...

Grows on you though... Like most I would suspect, this is new to myself and what a great shout - would never have known otherwise!

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
RIP Daniel Dumile. An actual poet, in my opinion.

These two are never off my playlist - perfect remixes by Four Tet:

And on the subject of the other Madvillain, apparently Four Tet and Madlib have an album in the offing. That's something to look forward to this year - well, at least it's a start.

Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
From Annie's newly released album Dark Hearts.
I didn't know she was back - thanks for the alert! Looks like she hasn't gotten over the death of her boyfriend, if you ever do get over something like that. I'll have to investigate this album, she's such a great pop writer and producer.