What Music?

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
This hath appeareth on YouTube.

Not necessarily one for us oldies only... a remarkable demonstration of early synthesiser wizardry!

From 1970...

That condemned me to a lifetime of following prog-rock!
Greg Lake was THE voice of prog and Keith Emerson's antics typified its glorious excesses.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
BBC Sight and Sound was a series I had completely forgotten about.

Just discovered there are some classic performances available on YouTube, not least the following, from1977!

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Last night Sky Arts featured a documentary about psychedelic poet, musician and humourist Ivor Cutler.
It included some delightful memories from the legendary prog-rock survivor Robert Wyatt, which prompted me to revisit his seminal 1974 album "Rock Bottom".

Here's the final track - "Little Red Robin Hood Hit The Road", featuring a very young Mike Oldfield on guitar (did I detect a hint of Tubular Bells in there?) and a truly off-the-wall poem by Cutler at the conclusion.
When the shops open again, I will be on the lookout for a vinyl copy of this album.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
Last night Sky Arts featured a documentary about psychedelic poet, musician and humourist Ivor Cutler.
It included some delightful memories from the legendary prog-rock survivor Robert Wyatt, which prompted me to revisit his seminal 1974 album "Rock Bottom".

Here's the final track - "Little Red Robin Hood Hit The Road", featuring a very young Mike Oldfield on guitar (did I detect a hint of Tubular Bells in there?) and a truly off-the-wall poem by Cutler at the conclusion.
When the shops open again, I will be on the lookout for a vinyl copy of this album.

Interesting lp...I have an original English vinyl copy of that ...found it in a record bin about 5 years ago.,,as well as End Of An Ear.
I also have all the Soft Machine lp;s on either original vinyl or cd....I love the Canterbury sound in general and also have Hatfield, National Health, Caravan, etc.

Vardoger

I'm #1 so why try harder
Reaction score
KEiiNO is back with a new song. Perhaps it will end up in the ESC final.

Vardoger

I'm #1 so why try harder
Reaction score
The old metal rocker Jørn is also participating in the Norwegian final of ESC. There are some middle eastern/oriental influences in the song.

Vardoger

I'm #1 so why try harder
Reaction score
While Rammstein is industrial metal, the old 80s band Propaganda is industrial pop.

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score

Why wait?!
https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=17021&ev=mb