• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What The Hell Is Mr Winkle?

A

Anonymous

I have just had the most disturbing moment of my life. My daughter wanted to watch the terrible Animal Awards program on ITV tonight and they had a story on there about a supposed dog called Mr Winkle.

According to the report, it's owner lives in the States and the animal is quite popular with all the different costumes that it is photographed in. The owner also reported that she'd found the animal one evening so it's breeding is in question.

But I have to ask. What the hell is it?? The owner says it's a dog but it's more like an experiment with an I-Cybie/Squirrel/Dog/Cat/Alien gone wrong. Clips of the animal moving reveal a very strange stride and it can just about stand on it's front legs as they tend to come apart very easily.

For those that haven't heard of it, check out it's web site:

http://www.mrwinkle.com/index2.htm

For those that live in the States, is this a popular as they claim and has there been any investigations and to what it actually is?

At first I thought it looked like some sort of chihuahua crossed with a toy poodle but it looks like there is something not quite right , as if it has a chromosome abnormality . It looks like some parts of it e.g. the ears havn't developed much from birth . Its brothers and sisters are probably big strapping mongrels .

awww it's a dear little thing!
I think it looks like an odd cross breed. Possibly one of those Japanese fluffy things with scrunched up faces, crossed with something smaller. Maybe a terrier.

Having said that, it does have an odd sentient look about it, especially in the eyes. It seems to be self-aware. Maybe it's a robot dog, or genetically bred to be sentient or something. Some weird project that we know not wot of, where animals are being made...human! Maybe an alien in a dog's body.

Or it could just be a mutt.

pinkle

It's an offspring from star wars! Least it has the head & knowing look of those teddy bear aliens from one of the films that blast the stormtroopers with ancient technology. (like stones and big sticks:D )

Hmmm, those ears look like they've been surgically interfered with. It does live in the states, and they tend to do that sort of thing there. :(

it looks like one of them ewoks has come down to earth abd has been 'fiddlin' with our dogs.

i also saw the awards, i want a fish tank like the one in the background behind smelly spice.

You're right. Winkle does look like a Pomeranian (I can't believe I just wrote that sentence).

It would be intersting to know if the animal has been examined to see if it needs help in any way. But I'm sure the owner wouldn't want to stop the cashflow.

She seemed to be so caring when the animal did the splits and couldn't get up. You could tell by the way she laughed at it.

its a fake imho

do you seriously think this creature is real? look at some of the photos in the "photo diary". they look completely different from one photo to another - most of them look badly photoshopped. in every close up of the creature`s head it is obvious that the eyes are not real, they are the sort of button eyes that taxidermists put into a stuffed animal. in fact in some photos he has whites in his eyes, in others he does not.

looks like something ricky would make.

probably one of those fake internet crazes where everyone concerned in the making of the pics and site insists that they are real, but its all just a knowing joke in a "how many gullible ppl can we take in" kind of way - think bonsai kittens etc.

or am i just too cynical about anything with such over the top glurgey cuteness and such stupid comments on the site from crazy americans?

Rincewind said:
It would be intersting to know if the animal has been examined to see if it needs help in any way. But I'm sure the owner wouldn't want to stop the cashflow.

Well, not really defending the owner here or anything, just an observation from reading the site:
The money from the whole thing goes to charity, from what I can tell.
Plus if it is a real dog, you'd know if it was in pain. They tend to be like people in that respect, they lose all their spirit and generally get miserable. And the mutt looked happy enough to me...

pinkle

Well, judging from that photo on the home page of the web-site it's got a tumour on the side of it's head and no feet - so whatever it is it should be put down.

They shold submit Mr Winnkle to that Monster Hunter programme.

Having spent a bit of time looking at Mr Winkel (Thus the case of Regina V Harlequin was proven...)

It looks like a kink charles or toy spaniel crossed with something that had poodle and wire haired terrier in it.

Looking at his characteristics.

The protruding tongue - possibly a genetic abnormality (maybe the parents were closely related?) but more likely its the result of a lower jaw injury in infancy (bear in mind the rescue back ground of the dog)

Eyes - hard core Spaniel (KC variety)

fur - since there looks to be a wooly or wire haired streak, basically keeping the dog clipped and powdered would do that.

The odd arrangement of limbs. Again, genetic deformity or injury. Looking at the dog in the videos, it doesnt seem to be a problem to the dog, who seems sweet natured and lively.

And for me, as long as he's happy and healthy, it doesnt much matter what he is.

8¬)

The "Kink Charles" will from now on be called to mind for
those delirious days each year when Crufts is televised.

Pedigree dog-fancying is certainly a perversion with some
cruel refinements! :eek:

PS: Could Mr Winkle and Mr Chopper be related in any way?

As I haven't seen the video of Mr. Winkle moving, I think it looks suspiciouly like one of the toy dogs my neice has.
:confused:

I'm from the States and no, Mr. Winkle is not the new Lassie. I read a small blurb in a magazine about him, and that's about it. Though I did cut it's picture out of said magazine and taped it to my front window. Make of that what you will.

It's a funny looking little thing, but it seems happy enough, so I'm with Harlequin on this one.

On a slight tangent, I once saw a glass case in a pub containg two small stuffed dogs, they were absolutely tiny, rather like pomeranians but with shorter fur. I was told they were muff dogs (no rude remarks from you lot, please!) Apparently they were bred specially for ladies to keep in their muffs to keep their hands warm. The dogs didn't look like puppies and didn't seem to have been tampered with, so I assumed they had been real. The pub was somewhere on the Norfolk/Suffolk coast. I can't remember where exactly, it was in the heady days when my husband and I used to take holidays navigating by the Good Beer Guide and never visiting a single theme park . . .

Carole

Carole,

Yes, I dimly remeber the breed.

The ancient Chinese bred a hairless dog of small (toy or smaller) for the same purpose

8¬)

you lie to me!!!!!
that's not a real dog...no way!!
it's gotta be, like, a cuddly toy or something, how can it WALK with those legs?!?!?
and aren't it's eyes too high up?!?
and its popular jst cos its demented owner dresses it up in cute lil outfits???????
how abominabally S A D!!
darn...the dumb owner should stop embarassing this dog/cat/squirrel/fox/teddy (????):mad:

Fearsome beast:
diary9.jpg

Is Dibley missing its vicar?

Two best pics:

1. Bad-ass!

Diary-11a.jpg

2. That's a tide of Winkles. Welcome to hell...

Diary-7.jpg

Where's Winkle?

OMG!!

I never knew 'Muffy' was a chimp in a suit!! :shock:

I'm going to have nightmares tonight! It's a robo-dog-chimp! Run for the hills!

There seems to be some debate about whether Mr Winkle is now deceased--as would seem likely given the passage of time.

Wikipedia claims 'born 1996'.

aaaargh! that website! my eyes!

I repeat... AAAAAAARGH!

Back