• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What to do in Manchester on halloween?

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
I am planning to get away with my wife for a couple of nights around halloween and am looking for some inspiration as to what suitably spooky activity we can do on halloween. If any Mancunian out there has any good ideas any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

The Cornerhouse cinema on Oxford Road used to have a Halloween film event - showing little known or rarely screened films of a scary bent. I saw Schalken the Painter at one such weekend a few years ago. I'm not absolutely sure if they still do it - but I think I saw fliers for a similar thing last year.

Henshaw's have put on halloween walks most years. Its a quid or two and goes to charidee. Debdale park, near Gorton (!!!) is popular for halloween events, but can be quite child-centric. MCC put things on their website nearer the time.

There are ghostwalks every week in m/cr. personnel and organisations change all the time, but keep your eye on the web with the usual standard search terms (ghostwalk manchester etc) and you should be fine. i think jon scholes(?) may still be doing one of the longest-running?

There will be lots of bars, pubs and clubs having a themed-event, but these guys

http://www.thehellfire.co.uk/

will probably take the cake. it's in Collyhurst (im not trying to kill you, promise!!!), and ive only ever driven past it, but some people i know have gone and said its a riot.

I'll keep an eye out for stuff nearer the time. you might want to check manchesteronline.co.uk and citylife.co.uk as well though...

You could try Canal Street. Guarenteed to find something there to put the willies up you!

I had a mate at Uni in Salford a few years ago as a mature student. He lived in Salford and when he tried to get contents insurance for his flat they all laughed at him. I remember going to the local shop with him once when visiting. The off licence was covered in bullet proof glass and the supermarket had bouncers on the door. You knew it was a tough area 'cos no-one was ac ting hard like a chav!

They then offered him an opportunity to study for a year in America, so naturally he jumped at the chance. They sent him to Detroit! I think someone was trying to kill him off. He lived very near the Motown studios and despite living in one of the roughest areas of Salford didn't go off campus for about six weeks. I'm sorry, I'm rambling with random stuff.

Thank you for your advice, I want us to have an interesting halloween so hopefully we will have.

Spend Halloween at Ghostly Spy House Museum at the Jersey Shore
Located in Port Monmouth, New Jersey, the Spy House started its life as a one-room cabin in 1648. As the years passed, more and more sections were built on to the existing structure. First known as the Whitlock-Seabrook House after the family that owned it for generations, the house got
Neigborhood: 119 Port Monmouth Road
Port Monmouth, NJ 07758
its new name during the American Revolution, when it was suspected that people were spying on the activities of the British Navy from this location.

Kristine
fast slim

kskristinesmith said:

Bit of a trek from Manchester though.....
J

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chethams-School-O ... 145005r668

You need to raise £100 quid for charidee, but this one looks interesting. I cant find it on the web anymore / or it says sold out, but by the sounds of it you get to try every gadget out, bar the proton packs. numbers and details are in the body of the ad. Good luck Spudrick:)

Back