What TV Are You Watching?

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
Watched "Diary of the Dead". Zombies would be spinning in their graves, if they weren't undead.
Diary of the Dead is excruciatingly shit, the title is hilarious too. Land of the Dead is not very good but infinitely better and I didn't bother wiith the last one.

Re: Cockneys vs Zombies, a friend was a zombie in the film, during a lull in filming he and three or four other zombies went to the local high street shopping, in make up, and someone called an ambulance thinking there had been a horrific accident.

catseye

For the greater good
On the recommendation of eldest son I am watching Lucifer, series one. It's...interesting. And Tom Ellis is nice to look at in his designer suits, it has a tongue-in-cheek approach and is easy watching, so I may as well continue.

Re Gatiss - and TV storytelling in general - it seems to me that a lot of people can do 'set up' very well but fail when it comes to 'denouement'. There's a lot of wonderful atmospheric tales that start out brilliantly but seem to peter out towards the end, almost as though everyone had used up all their ideas at the beginning.

Verbal Earthworm

_Anagrammatical_
On the recommendation of eldest son I am watching Lucifer, series one. It's...interesting. And Tom Ellis is nice to look at in his designer suits, it has a tongue-in-cheek approach and is easy watching, so I may as well continue.
Lucifer is a decent watch. Good to see that Tom "made it big" after Miranda. He is perfect for the role. By marrying the original comic material with a police procedural drama it has become a very unique and quirky show.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Bandersnatch was a very good idea and entertaining but slightly overhyped I felt and too many instances where it felt like you were being given options but ultimately you had to go back and do what they wanted you to do and choose a certain path with inevitability.

I suppose that was the same with the CYOA books as a kid, which I loved.
We had a go at Bandersnatch tonight, I had no idea how to play it so just assumed you pressed left or right (before I noticed that written on the bottom of the screen) .. I presume I was doing it correctly but the story was so disjointed it was hard to tell what with it not going back to the moment you made your last choice. The Mrs has gone to bed unconvinced it was interactive at all and is having none of it lol .. there's been a few reports online over the last day or so that the makers of the original Choose Your Own Adventure book are now suing NETFLIX ..

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...andersnatch-choose-your-own-adventure-lawsuit

I also wouldn't be surprised if Richard Kelly has something to say about Bandersnatch as well .. the lead character was extremely similar to Jake Gylenhall's in Donnie Darko both in appearance and actions, even some of the scenes and shots seem to have been lifted from it.

Last edited:

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
Two episodes of The Terror, loving it so far, it ticks many of my boxes: people trapped in an isolated place, frozen setting, impending doom and a monster.

Verbal Earthworm

_Anagrammatical_
Yes, that is just to buy. Are you buying? As I am paying for prime in the first place, buying is the last thing I want.

Which is a good time to mention how shonky amazon prime video is compared to netflix.

They used to be on par with each other (even if that mean't they were both poorly stocked) but prime has gone the way of buy per episode and extra "channel" subscriptions reducing it to a random confusion.

When I said "It's not on uk amazon prime yet" I was pointing out it was pay to view only.

Last edited:

Verbal Earthworm

_Anagrammatical_
In my world, that's being on Amazon Prime, even if you have to pay extra for it. Maybe if you wait a year they'll put it on free with the sub?
It usually goes to free with sub once season two is out on buy to watch, bearing in mind that the uk gets either version later than us prime.

In my world, paying yearly subscription for a video streaming service is all in or it's just not cricket.

What with amazon being a shop, I know I can buy it there.

That isn't the point.

The real question is:

Will Swifty be able to purchase it to watch?

Last edited:

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
Yes, that is just to buy. Are you buying? As I am paying for prime in the first place, buying is the last thing I want.

Which is a good time to mention how shonky amazon prime video is compared to netflix.

They used to be on par with each other (even if that mean't they were both poorly stocked) but prime has gone the way of buy per episode and extra "channel" subscriptions reducing it to a random confusion.

When I said "It's not on uk amazon prime yet" I was pointing out it was pay to view only.
I don't have an Amazon Prime account, I agree they've muddied the waters by being both a Netflix style streaming service and selling VODs as well. I imagine it must irk those who are also paying monthly, though don't prime accounts include free P&P any way?

Verbal Earthworm

_Anagrammatical_
I don't have an Amazon Prime account, I agree they've muddied the waters by being both a Netflix style streaming service and selling VODs as well. I imagine it must irk those who are also paying monthly, though don't prime accounts include free P&P any way?
The "free P&P" is as much hit and miss as the video streaming, it only applies to certain amazon purchases.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
I think you have to spend £20 to qualify, for free delivery from Amazon seller, not sure how it works for Prime tho

Ringo

Sanitised for your protection
True Detective 3 is launched here to day apparently (on HBO). I'm off to bed now so it'll have to wait until tomorrow...

But bring it on. I loved Season 1. It was one of my all time favourite TV shows. Season 2 was a decent effort but not a patch on the first one. So we'll have to see what 3 has in store.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Two episodes of The Terror, loving it so far, it ticks many of my boxes: people trapped in an isolated place, frozen setting, impending doom and a monster.
Is that based on the Dan Simmons book? I've completely missed this what's it on?

edit: NVM saw the replies.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Simmons' Carrion Comfort would make a great TV series, I think. Just a pity he's done a Mamet and turned into a maniac recently.