What TV Are You Watching?

Xanatic*

Justified & Ancient
I don't know who Tiffany is but I'm also quite enjoying The Umbrella Academy. I thought it would be some has-been superheroes uniting again to fight a supervillain but it's rather more complex.

Verbal Earthworm

_Anagrammatical_
I don't know who Tiffany is but I'm also quite enjoying The Umbrella Academy. I thought it would be some has-been superheroes uniting again to fight a supervillain but it's rather more complex.
Tiffany sang the song they all dance to in the first episode, as kindly linked above.

I Think We're Alone Now was a massive hit in 1987.

I bought it on 12 inch and had a crush on her.

Bad Bungle

King of the Trilobites
I don't have access to the History Channel - could some-one tell me whether Knight Fight on tomorrow lives up to the hype? It seems to be Mixed Martial Arts in 36 Kg of armour (sorry, armor) with axes, swords, shields and spears - last man standing. Or as the Telegraph put it ' Once you would have expected a programme on the History Channel to be about the Corn Laws, now it more likely to be about a man getting a big chopper in his face.' (Fnarr).

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
I don't have access to the History Channel - could some-one tell me whether Knight Fight on tomorrow lives up to the hype? It seems to be Mixed Martial Arts in 36 Kg of armour (sorry, armor) with axes, swords, shields and spears - last man standing. Or as the Telegraph put it ' Once you would have expected a programme on the History Channel to be about the Corn Laws, now it more likely to be about a man getting a big chopper in his face.' (Fnarr).
Being uncertain about copyright, etc...

Can only note...

gordonrutter

Justified & Ancient
Staff member
I can tell you what I won’t be watching.
So, new TV channel tonight, BBC Scotland. One of Monday’s shows is Sink or Skim. A look at the world stone skimming championships, held in an old quarry on the island of Easdale. I think I may wash my hair instead.

Saw it part-way through. Gave up. It took too long to get to the blood and screaming.
It's worth bearing with. I was taken by the cinematography, also, the chup is interesting when you get to it. This is more a case of uploaded footage rather than found footage.

Verbal Earthworm

_Anagrammatical_
Been a while since my last confession:

The Accountant - Not bad, a few tropes reworked into something watchable.

Life - A fair to middling scifi flick with a nod and a wink to early cosmonauts.

The Dragon Prince, season two - I like the animation and the use of "dark magic", does a good job of making likeable villains.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, season 5 - Marvel but not marvellous.

Ringo

Sanitised for your protection
We've started watching Elementary. It's quite good to have a Sherlock who isn't an irritating tw*t. It's quite American though - kind of Sherlock Light. No grit, just cheesy drama. My wife keeps falling asleep to it so it's not without it's merits.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :)
Staff member
So, new TV channel tonight, BBC Scotland. One of Monday’s shows is Sink or Skim. A look at the world stone skimming championships, held in an old quarry on the island of Easdale. I think I may wash my hair instead.
is this scheduling part of proving that Scotland doesn't need another telly channel? :rollingw:

I think I'll suggest we sew our feet to the carpet or something....

gordonrutter

Justified & Ancient
Staff member
is this scheduling part of proving that Scotland doesn't need another telly channel? :rollingw:

I think I'll suggest we sew our feet to the carpet or something....
Still Game was of course good, every other bit I have seen so far has proven to be erm not good. And that’s without the stone skimming, which compared to the other stuff is starting to look like it might genuinely be a highlight...

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :)
Staff member
Still Game is always good. And stands up to repeat viewings. As I've aged I laugh at different parts....

cycleboy2

Abominable Snowman
We've started watching Elementary. It's quite good to have a Sherlock who isn't an irritating tw*t. It's quite American though - kind of Sherlock Light. No grit, just cheesy drama. My wife keeps falling asleep to it so it's not without it's merits.
Me and Mrs Cycleboy are well into Elementary - and I like your description Sherlock Light. It's got a good cast of supporting characters, generally very good acting, enough drugs darkness to echo the character's original, er, habits. It's also got Lucy Liu in it, AKS the MGWIC* (the most gorgeous woman in Christendom). Just don't tell Mrs Cycleboy.