What TV Are You Watching?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
We've seen the start of Cheat. I'm avoiding all online discussions of it so we can really enjoy it.

Can't help thinking that cat's coming to a sticky end.

Verbal Earthworm

Ephemeral Spectre
Get Out, film, netflix - keeps you guessing until the end, playing on known tropes to kite the audience into red herrings.

Kingdom, series, netflix - The best zombie thing I have seen in the last few years (and I have seen far too many). Korean, historical (?) and epic.

American Gods, season two, amazon prime - Well, it's back. Pales in comparison to Preacher.

Fleabag, season two, bbc iplayer - A welcome return. Exemplary writing and acting. Comedy so good it hurts.

Last edited:
Get Out, film, netflix - keeps you guessing until the end, playing on known tropes to kite the audience into red herrings.

Kingdom, series, netflix - The best zombie thing I have seen in the last few years (and I have seen far too many). Korean, historical (?) and epic.

American Gods, season two, amazon prime - Well, it's back. Pales in comparison to Preacher.
Get Out is great and Kingdom is on my list to watch.

Must finish Van Helsing.

Another Vampire Apocalypse series, The Passage finished Season 1 last night, looking forward to Season 2.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
High Maintenance - I don't smoke weed anymore and I hate the whole weed-culture and find it boring. This is though one of the best shows on TV for ages.

Just brilliant.

Ringo

Of no preferred gender pronoun.
The Americans (series 5) - they're still spies with an FBI agent across the road. It's getting boring now, I can just feel it rumbling on´with no end in sight.

Ladyloafer

Abominable Snowman
The Americans (series 5) - they're still spies with an FBI agent across the road. It's getting boring now, I can just feel it rumbling on´with no end in sight.
Oh I loved The Americans. Stick with it. season 6 jumps ahead about 3 years and for the most part is the worst season, but its worth it for the final 2 episodes, and a proper ending for the series.

Verbal Earthworm

Ephemeral Spectre
Had an attack of the Johnsons:

Jean-Claude Van Johnson, series, amazon prime

The Almighty Johnsons, series, amazon prime

Also:

Love, Death & Robots, series, netflix, animation

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Watching the Equalizer on Forces TV - just found out that Edward Woodwood died 10 years ago.
Used to do bottom burps in the bath (ed-wood wood-wood)

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
We're really into TIN STAR at the moment ..

Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs/ Pulp Fiction Tim Roth is the anti hero, an alcoholic English copper who's become the sheriff of a Fargo/Twin Peaks kind of town called Little Big Bear .. except he's a total psycho East End type bad 'un and after revenge for the death of his young son. Everyone has a secret to hide. Very well acted, written and almost as If Lynch, Tarrantino and The Cohen Brother had combined to make this.

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient

Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs/ Pulp Fiction Tim Roth is the anti hero, an alcoholic English copper who's become the sheriff of a Fargo/Twin Peaks kind of town called Little Big Bear .. except he's a total psycho East End type bad 'un and after revenge for the death of his young son. Everyone has a secret to hide. Very well acted, written and almost as If Lynch, Tarrantino and The Cohen Brother had combined to make this.

Binge-watched every episode around a month back.
Always keeps you guessing, with twist after twist.
Some great moments of black humour too.

Ladyloafer

Abominable Snowman

i've seen season 1 and i really enjoyed it. very violent though, but great scenery! not seen s2 yet.

Crankyoldgit62

Devoted Cultist
Watching( or more importantly,the missus) is watching last night's Escape to the Chateau. The missus want's to do this, trouble is, my French is non-existent!!!!

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Not TV! am listening to the BBC 5live extra cricket commentary - Danny Norcross and Mark Church on MCC versus Surrey from Dubai. Seriously wonderful and the cricket is clear and followable! My current favourite sports commentators along with Lydia Greenway and Harsha Bhogle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0003jd2

Verbal Earthworm

Ephemeral Spectre
The OA, series, season two, netflix - Less ambiguous than the first season, has some interesting plot direction but felt too short.

The Great Wall, film, netflix - An Irishman and a Spaniard end up in Ancient China looking for the fabled black powder, better than assumed.