CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
DS9 s4
Better Call Saul s3
The Punisher s1
Agents of SHIELD s5
Ripper Street s2

And rewatching Seinfeld as MrsCarlos never saw it first time round. Currently on Season 6 - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Reaction score
I just discovered The Last Leg earlier this year (or was it end of last year), round about then anyway. Thoroughly enjoyed two episodes then found out it was the end of the series.

Currently waiting / hoping for another series and watching old episodes on channel 4 catch-up thingy online.

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
Reaction score
The Alienist on Netflix is pretty good. On the trail of a Jack The Ripper type killer in New York...

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Anyone watching Missions on BBC4? Quite nice to have a French sci-fi for a change.
I decided not to bother when I saw the gun in the trailer (why bring a gun to Mars if you're not Arnold Schwarzenegger?), but if you think it's worth a try I'll catch up on iPlayer.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
I decided not to bother when I saw the gun in the trailer (why bring a gun to Mars if you're not Arnold Schwarzenegger?), but if you think it's worth a try I'll catch up on iPlayer.
I bet Max and Gerhard would bring guns to Mars.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
^Didn't read the Alienist book(s) but I did enjoy season 1 on tv.
Westworld...season 2 right now ,and getting ready soon to binge watch Killing Eve and Patrick Melrose.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone seen A Very English Scandal on iPlayer? It's very good and quite funny in parts, Ben Wishaw and Hugh Grant are both excellent in it.

While you're there check out Atlanta as well.

Dr_Baltar

Left Foot of God
Reaction score
I decided not to bother when I saw the gun in the trailer (why bring a gun to Mars if you're not Arnold Schwarzenegger?)...
There are...reasons.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Spoilers, sweetie...as the old saying goes.
OK, I'll make an effort to catch up this week and post about it on the Science Fiction TV thread.

Dr_Baltar

Left Foot of God
Reaction score
OK, I'll make an effort to catch up this week and post about it on the Science Fiction TV thread.
Actually, now that I think about it, it's not a huge spoiler really. There may have been a gun in the trailer because there are military involved in one of the missions. That's it. Sorry for being enimagnetic. :pipe:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Actually, now that I think about it, it's not a huge spoiler really. There may have been a gun in the trailer because there are military involved in one of the missions. That's it. Sorry for being enimagnetic. :pipe:
I assume because it's TV sci-fi it'll be Chekhov's Gun.

onetwothree

Sigils, Prosecco and crying are my main talents.
Reaction score
Binge-watched The Chalet over the weekend. I could have done with it being more supernatural, but I enjoyed it on the whole.

Who was the bloke tied up in the forest to begin with, though?

Ringo

Less than 2m away
Reaction score
^Didn't read the Alienist book(s) but I did enjoy season 1 on tv.
Westworld...season 2 right now ,and getting ready soon to binge watch Killing Eve and Patrick Melrose.
The Alienist left me feeling somewhat underwhelmed despite a promising start.

We're into Westworld Season 2 and all I can say is WTF?!?!? Are we supposed to feel like Bernard? Is this now? Am I me? Is this you now but me before? Whatever happened to tits and headshots?

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
The Alienist left me feeling somewhat underwhelmed despite a promising start.

We're into Westworld Season 2 and all I can say is WTF?!?!? Are we supposed to feel like Bernard? Is this now? Am I me? Is this you now but me before? Whatever happened to tits and headshots?
I was also a bit disappointed in the ending of The Alienist...I thought the killer was going to be someone they had run across before and not a total stranger. But it was well done at any rate.

I enjoy Westworld....the weirdness doesn't bother me...I was a bit overwhelmed with all the tits and violence in season one. I like the cerebral aspects more in science fiction than just violence and sex for the sake of it.

*Off topic but I finally watched the film Blade Runner 2049....thought it was good though a bit slow at times.

Ringo

Less than 2m away
Reaction score
I was also a bit disappointed in the ending of The Alienist...I thought the killer was going to be someone they had run across before and not a total stranger. But it was well done at any rate.

I enjoy Westworld....the weirdness doesn't bother me...I was a bit overwhelmed with all the tits and violence in season one. I like the cerebral aspects more in science fiction than just violence and sex for the sake of it.

*Off topic but I finally watched the film Blade Runner 2049....thought it was good though a bit slow at times.
I'm enjoying the weirdness of it but the fragmented time frame is making it hard going. The joy/fun/debauchery of the place and series seemed to snuff it along with Robert.

Dr_Baltar

Left Foot of God
Reaction score
That's the thing about Westworld; tons of nudity but it's all very clinical. In fact, I seem to remember that's why Thandie Newton was quite comfortable with being naked for the show as there was nothing sexual about it.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I'm just about to watch this, Frankie Boyle visits Russia .. season 1- episode 1 :popc:

edit: dammit, it's been removed

Last edited:

Swifty

Reaction score
I don't really watch TV, the Mrs on the other hand has a skill for finding the most depressing stuff out there .. normally it's dour middle aged brunette detectives up North investigating rapes and incest .. now she's discovered '13 Reasons': an American high school girl has committed suicide and left a select few 13 sides of cassette tapes that apparently they have no choice but to follow her instructions on (instead of, you know, handing them into the police). When they're not doing that, they're crying or getting paranoid of each other .... imagine watching 'Final Destination' except only containing the weepy depressing bits. I don't think I can last watching any more episodes.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Can I recommend Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse's fishing show? Just been watching it (BBC2 Wednesdays at 10pm, repeated Sunday with the swearing bleeped) and if you need a relaxing watch that's really funny and even gets a little profound at times, this is a real tonic. Two silly men discussing matters large and small, and that's just the fish.

Reaction score
Two silly men discussing matters large and small, and that's just the fish.
And the funniest/daftest Robert De Niro impression I've ever seen. It's made it to youtube already.

Swifty

Reaction score
Wellington Paranormal looks interesting, the first broadcast date's 11th July on TVNZ 2

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Can I recommend Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse's fishing show? Just been watching it (BBC2 Wednesdays at 10pm, repeated Sunday with the swearing bleeped) and if you need a relaxing watch that's really funny and even gets a little profound at times, this is a real tonic. Two silly men discussing matters large and small, and that's just the fish.
I've been planning on watching this - does it contain shots of struggling fish with hooks in their mouths? The wife won't like that (being a veggie).

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I've been planning on watching this - does it contain shots of struggling fish with hooks in their mouths? The wife won't like that (being a veggie).
No, nothing like that, and they always set the fish free after they've caught them.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
No, nothing like that, and they always set the fish free after they've caught them.
Cheers, just watched the first one. Great stuff - Detectorists seems to have inspired a new wave of BBC bucolic whimsy. I like it.