What TV Are You Watching?

Ladyloafer

Abominable Snowman
I have just finished watching 'BrainDead' on prime. (a series not the classic film)

Laurel Healy goes to work for her senator brother in washington dc only to discover that alien bugs are infecting people and eating half their brains, and generally turning everyone bonkers. along with her friends rachelle, a doctor and gustav, a conspiracy nut, they try to figure out what the bugs want and how to stop them.

a black comedy that is more about the general stupidity and bureaucracy of government than an alien invasion. very silly. (and a horrifying cameo by michael moore in one episode)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4877736/?ref_=nv_sr_2?ref_=nv_sr_2

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
I watched The Lost Room, enjoyable, a tad like WH13, but with not so much humour

skinny

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I'm watching Chernobyl as well. So good, though extremely harrowing.

Genuinely cannot recommend this series highly enough.
Finished it in a binge. Most impressive.

Great television on almost a cinematic scale. The format lines are blending nicely these days. I like it.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Just started watching this as well. I lived through the 80's it wasn't that Flashy. I thought it was some sort of dream episode.
I'm re-watching it as I type. There's so much more you pick up the second time around. I had a great time in the 80's... those were the days.

Ladyloafer

Abominable Snowman
is Chernobyl worth paying £12 for (which is the cheapest i can find it)? it does look good and i've very much enjoyed other sky atlantic shows. plus jared harris is always great.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Just finished Killing Eve series (season?) 2. Man, I want to know what happens next! Guess I'll have to wait. Jodie Comer is the coolest woman on TV right now, apart from maybe Amber Midthunder from Legion (it's the name).

Lizard King

Ephemeral Spectre
Just watched Threads (1984). Pulled no punches at all, did they. Mesmerising.
Terrifying watching it as a young teenager back in the eighties.We almost forget how intense the Cold War was back then{or so we were led to believe]I'll never forget the scene when the siren goes off and how people react. The lady who stands still and wets herself has stayed with me for 35 years!I havnt watched it since.I remember at the time people planning building nuclear shelters!WTF?

Ringo

Of no preferred gender pronoun.
Stranger Things 3 was a huge let down for me. There was no story line. 11 should have bled to death with her constant nose bleeding.

Chernobyl was excellent although I didn't experience it as cinematic - I thought it looked rather a low cost production (a few of the sets were dodgy) but that was also OK. It felt like a proper TV drama.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
is Chernobyl worth paying £12 for (which is the cheapest i can find it)? it does look good and i've very much enjoyed other sky atlantic shows. plus jared harris is always great.
Yes. Yes it is. Honestly, it is a very good show. Distressing, harrowing, and exceptional. The cast alone makes it worth £12, the script, direction, photography are all worth paying £12 each.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Amazon Prime has recently inlcuded Monk...I can now get more than my fill of twitchy, odd geniuses: House, Elementary, Monk. Plus, Parks & Rec and the US Office for when I just need silly loveliness. And BBC iPlayer has Jonathan Creek, for when I need Alan Davies being twitchy and odd. Happy days!

Ladyloafer

Abominable Snowman
Yes. Yes it is. Honestly, it is a very good show. Distressing, harrowing, and exceptional. The cast alone makes it worth £12, the script, direction, photography are all worth paying £12 each.
cool. thanks. i'll add it to my list. which is getting ever longer because as you say...

Amazon Prime has recently inlcuded Monk...I can now get more than my fill of twitchy, odd geniuses: House, Elementary, Monk. Plus, Parks & Rec and the US Office for when I just need silly loveliness. And BBC iPlayer has Jonathan Creek, for when I need Alan Davies being twitchy and odd. Happy days!
...prime have uploaded a load of new and old(ish) stuff recently. so much i want to watch. *squareeyes*

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
cool. thanks. i'll add it to my list. which is getting ever longer because as you say...

...prime have uploaded a load of new and old(ish) stuff recently. so much i want to watch. *squareeyes*
There is no longer enough time to watch everything worth watching on Amazon Prime. If they add Frasier, I'm just going to have to give up my job!

Ladyloafer

Abominable Snowman
There is no longer enough time to watch everything worth watching on Amazon Prime. If they add Frasier, I'm just going to have to give up my job!
i'm actually unemployed at the moment. i fear my tv addiction is getting in the way of me actually getting a job.

'right time to get job hunting. ah, one more episode.' i also have netflix which doesn't help.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Watched Lethal Weapon s3, back on ITV last night. It's hard to take Damon's blubbing when you know he's probably delighted he got rid of Clayne Crawford. Seann William Scott deserves a better career, but I don't know if he's a good fit for this. Anyway, it's been cancelled in the US so Damon can go back to his golf or whatever this gig was keeping him from.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
i'm actually unemployed at the moment. i fear my tv addiction is getting in the way of me actually getting a job.

'right time to get job hunting. ah, one more episode.' i also have netflix which doesn't help.
I was off work due to ill health for six years....giving up the telly was the hardest part of going back to work: it's ten o'clock in the morning, I need to be watching New Tricks not faffing about with agendas! (Brian Lane is my spirit animal!!)

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Tonight on BBC2 at ten: the barber episode of Atlanta. Even if you've never seen this show before, give it a go, it's brilliant. More or less a self-contained episode, too, but seriously, one of the best half hours of TV in recent years.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Whilst watching Monk the thought occured to me that Jonny Lee Miller must have watched it also. The mannerisms that JLM uses in Elementary are so similar to those of Monk's. Plus, the buttoned up shirt without a tie: that's Monk, no?

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Agatha Raisin, series two. Particularly, the Fairies of Fryfam. There's a pub in it named "The Green Man"...made me think of Fridesy:)

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Whitehouse and Mortimer were fishing again, lovely to have this back, very funny and full of good health advice. Have ordered prunes with the shopping (good for cholesterol).

GNC

King-Sized Canary
And that Fosse/Verdon series on BBC2 had a very strong start, even if I'm getting flashbacks to Feud: Bette and Joan. Hope there's more dancing in the next episodes, though, that's what they're famous for.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Just watched Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau on Prime which deals with the production of Stanley's version of the H.G. Well's novel. What a time they had - Stanley ended up being replaced by John Frankenheimer, problems with Brando and Kilmer, bad weather and all sorts of mayhem. It's a miracle they managed to actually finish the film.