What TV Are You Watching?

dejanmikic

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Watching Babylon Berlin at the moment, along with Castle Rock S1 and Watchmen - all of these make me happy

Anyone else looking forward to Dec 20 and Witcher on Netflix?

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Watching Mountain Monsters on Travel Channel. As usual they catch nothing. while scaring away the monsters with their screaming in the forest, while nearly shooting each other. Watching for the comedy value.
It's such compelling t.v in a car crash kind of way that you find it hard to turn the channel. I often am channel surfing late at night looking for something to watch but inevitably find myself watching these hillbillies chasing their own tails around the forests.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I can THOROUGHLY recommend The Goes Wrong Show - on iPlayer now. Hilariously funny - the snowman and the toy machine nearly did me a mischief! Seems to be first in a series, though I can't see any more episodes listed. Anyway, give yourself a lift with this ridiculousness.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Oh, wait - the rest of the Goes Wrong series is on Fridays, from the 3rd of January.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just watched 'The Irishman' on Netflix last night. 3 1/2 long but riveting and worth every minute. For those of you with Amazon Prime Video, there's a good documentary there called 'Killing Jimmy Hoffa' that goes through all of the usual theories plus a few newer ones.

PeteByrdie

Privateer in the service of Princess Frideswide
Reaction score
Just finished watching The Witcher on Netflix. It's a series that certainly has its problems, but I enjoyed it a great deal. This is reflected by its bad reviews from critics but huge success among viewers. I have to admit, I watched the first episode thinking, 'this is like watching Hawk the Slayer,' in terms of its dialogue and cliched style. Yet it improved, and the world of the series became more compelling. I've never read the books nor played the game.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Just finished watching The Witcher on Netflix. It's a series that certainly has its problems, but I enjoyed it a great deal. This is reflected by its bad reviews from critics but huge success among viewers. I have to admit, I watched the first episode thinking, 'this is like watching Hawk the Slayer,' in terms of its dialogue and cliched style. Yet it improved, and the world of the series became more compelling. I've never read the books nor played the game.
I still have a couple of episodes to watch but I love it. I've never read the books or played the game either. He's kind of how I would imagine Elric.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
"I once punched a man for saying Hawk the Slayer was rubbish."

"Good for you!"

"Yeah, thanks, but what I should have said was "Dad, I don't agree .. let's just sit down and talk about this."

(Bill Baily in SPACED)

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I'm a bit tired of sword and sorcery, never really got on with it if I'm honest. Liked GoT, but that's about it. Conan the Barbarian is such a boring film. So Conan with swearing doesn't appeal much. I don't mind it if it's bloody ridiculous, though.

PeteByrdie

Privateer in the service of Princess Frideswide
Reaction score
I still have a couple of episodes to watch but I love it. I've never read the books or played the game either. He's kind of how I would imagine Elric.
I certainly hope the critics are ignored and the fans make another season a tenable option. I actually want to see where it's going. There's nothing terribly original in it, but the story moves along nicely, the monsters are cool and the characters are fun enough.

I'm a bit tired of sword and sorcery, never really got on with it if I'm honest. Liked GoT, but that's about it. Conan the Barbarian is such a boring film. So Conan with swearing doesn't appeal much. I don't mind it if it's bloody ridiculous, though.
Conan the Barbarian rubbish! The modern one or the proper one? I suppose I grew up on fantasy, but it's rarely committed to film effectively. If sword and sorcery isn't your bag, you probably won't like The Witcher. It's not groundbreaking, but it's fun enough.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Conan the Barbarian rubbish! The modern one or the proper one? I suppose I grew up on fantasy, but it's rarely committed to film effectively. If sword and sorcery isn't your bag, you probably won't like The Witcher. It's not groundbreaking, but it's fun enough.
The modern one wasn't great, but I'm referring to the Schwarzenegger/Milius one. I even kind of prefer Conan the Destroyer, because it makes me laugh. I'm more of a Yor, Hunter from the Future man. The sillier these things are, the better.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
The Paddington documentary tonight on BBC2 was truly lovely. What a nice man Michael Bond was. Recommended if you want to go all misty eyed and sentimental.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Tonight on BBC2 in ten minutes: A Year in the Life of a Year. Strongly recommended - in previous years this has been one of the funniest TV shows of the whole, well, year, but somehow it's still obscure. Try and watch it this year, it makes up for the lack of Screenwipe, honest!

Patrick30

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
I’ve basically stopped watching TV other than an occasional baseball or college football game. I only keep the cable because it’s my best internet option.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
OK, A Year in the Life of a Year had the Samantha Cameron sex robot, Midsommar Murders and David Attenborough's Our Planet is Fucked. All very bad taste and hilarious. The use of clips in these shows is perfect.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
If you're feeling down, here's another plug for The Goes Wrong Show - this is the FUNNIEST thing on TV at the moment! Friday nights at half eight or on iPlayer. It's incredibly smart about being incredibly silly. The half sets tonight was brilliant because you could tell the company thought they were very clever but hadn't realised what a mistake they were making. And the tiny sets were ever funnier.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
If you're feeling down, here's another plug for The Goes Wrong Show - this is the FUNNIEST thing on TV at the moment! Friday nights at half eight or on iPlayer. It's incredibly smart about being incredibly silly. The half sets tonight was brilliant because you could tell the company thought they were very clever but hadn't realised what a mistake they were making. And the tiny sets were ever funnier.
I saw something at Christmas that might have been that show - did they do a special where there was a drunk Santa and a guy dressed as a snowman?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I saw something at Christmas that might have been that show - did they do a special where there was a drunk Santa and a guy dressed as a snowman?
That's right, it was the first in the series. What happens to the snowman practically had me collapsing with laughter.

There was a WW2 play last week, and a courtroom drama this week.

They're a comedy troupe who started a few years ago doing a stage show called The Play That Goes Wrong that was a pretty big hit, considering it had no stars in it. They've translated it to TV. They remind me of The Radio Active Players off the 80s comedy show. Some of the stuff they're doing is ingenious. Last night's highlight: the Judge's office.