What TV Are You Watching?

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
That's right, it was the first in the series. What happens to the snowman practically had me collapsing with laughter.

There was a WW2 play last week, and a courtroom drama this week.

They're a comedy troupe who started a few years ago doing a stage show called The Play That Goes Wrong that was a pretty big hit, considering it had no stars in it. They've translated it to TV. They remind me of The Radio Active Players off the 80s comedy show. Some of the stuff they're doing is ingenious. Last night's highlight: the Judge's office.
It was on while I was doing the washing-up*, it sounded good - will check it out, thanks!

*One of the excellent design features of our house is a serving hatch which means I can see the living room telly while skivvying.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
We have begun watching The Sandhamn Murders on Amazon Prime. Or, Morden I Sandhamn as it is known in its native Swedish :D

Beautiful setting, nice straightforward murder mysteries (not all gory and over the top like too many programmes nowadays) and bonus of course that it is Swedish so it is another way of me learning the language :joyf: (It has English subtitles).

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
We have begun watching The Sandhamn Murders on Amazon Prime. Or, Morden I Sandhamn as it is known in its native Swedish :D

Beautiful setting, nice straightforward murder mysteries (not all gory and over the top like too many programmes nowadays) and bonus of course that it is Swedish so it is another way of me learning the language :joyf: (It has English subtitles).
Scandinavia’s murder rate must be up there with Midsomer by now.

maximus otter

ravensocks

Devoted Cultist
That's right, it was the first in the series. What happens to the snowman practically had me collapsing with laughter.

There was a WW2 play last week, and a courtroom drama this week.
I don't watch this, but I caught a bit of the WW2 one over the hols, and the scene of the saucy commanding officer in the shower had me in hysterics. Really funny. I've downloaded the episodes I've missed and will watch properly at some point.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I don't watch this, but I caught a bit of the WW2 one over the hols, and the scene of the saucy commanding officer in the shower had me in hysterics. Really funny. I've downloaded the episodes I've missed and will watch properly at some point.
Great to hear! The rest of it is just as funny. Watch out for the WW2 Telex machine!

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Some crap documentary I've just found on Amazon Prime called 'Bigfoot Down Under' about the Yowie of Australia.

According to Amazon: The Bigfoot phenomenon is not limited to the forests of North America. In the land down under, a very similar creature is called the "Yowie." Hear riveting testimonies from those who have encountered a Sasquatch down under.

Having just done a little sleuthing, it appears that three of the people who appear on the show re-telling their encounters with Yowies (
Akal Demir, Bralen Chatfield & Brooke Naismith - given credit as starring in the program) are all actors (or aspiring actors) with a casting/tatent agency called StarNow.

Therefore I conclude this is more of a mockumentary rather than a documentary. If you have 90 minutes to waste, go ahead and watch it.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Liked it, but I thought some aspects were unlikely, no armed police at a command area. Actually very few police at all. Where were all the armed police units and riot squads?

Give it 7/10.
Yup, we were on the second episode then and they were still on about the science behind the cause of all the trouble. Fight scenes don't interest me so I prob'ly slept through most.
The assassination by car was good though and the contract murderer subplot just sublime.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
Last night we watched the third series (i.e. three episodes) of Morden i Sandhamn (The Sandhamn Murders) on Amazon Prime.

It was as equally good as the first two series, but disappointingly there are no more series on Amazon, even though according to IMDB the show is still going.

So now we can't watch any more of it :(

Crimewatch from October 1986. I haven’t got a clue why I’m watching it.
As a younger pup, I used to love Crimewatch (genuinely not sure why), until one episode featured a crime from my neck of the woods and suddenly I realised that these were real, scary events with real world consequences. Although I knew these were real crimes, I think I'd assumed it was somehow fictional as it was 'on the telly'. I remember my young mind being quite shaken by the realisation.

Cracking theme tune though...