What TV Are You Watching?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Was watching Charlie's Angels today. It struck me that Farrah Fawcett's nipples were like bullets, which was appropriate for an action/adventure TV show with characters waving guns around.

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Last night we watched En Kväll För Marie Fredriksson (An Evening For Marie Fredriksson) on SVT.

Especially tear-inducing was when Per took to the stage and began singing It Must Have Been Love on his own.

"...It must have been love
But it's over now
It must have been good
But I lost it somehow..."
1580025220722.png

It is still available on SVT Play online if anyone's interested... like me if you don't speak Swedish you won't understand much of what they're saying in between the songs but you can still appreciate the music. Various artistes singing Marie's solo and Roxette stuff... https://www.svtplay.se/video/25172814/en-kvall-for-marie-fredriksson

Meanwhile I have until 23rd July (when it stops being available on SVT Play) to translate the subtitles...

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
No, I never had posters of ladies on my walls but if I did it would have been Wonder Woman. And she definitely wore a bra.
In fact, she could have deflected Farah's bullets with her metal bracelets - that would have made a good TV show.
Not mine but appropriate:

superman-and-wonder-woman-discuss-bullet-bouncing-in-humorous-comic.jpg

GNC

King-Sized Canary
BBC 4 repeating Clive James Postcards from... this weekend and next. Just been watching the New York one, he was so great, what an observer and wit. Seeing him as a leather daddy is not something I'd expected, mind (or remembered, maybe). He was very paranoid about the crime rate!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Ch 4's Deadwater Fell.

Watching the last episode now. Gordon Bennett, it's intense.
There's apparently some audience dissatisfaction over why it all happened but it's obvious to me. Had a bit of that treatment myself, got out in time.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Last episode of The Goes Wrong Show - this has been fantastic. Glad Charlie Brooker likes it too. The dog! Bleeping the "Scottish language"! I don't know if it'll come back, but this has been a triumph.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
63 Up. The latest installment from Michael Apted following 14 British children from the 60's onwards. Brilliant television. Heart wrenching, joyous, poignant, introspective and touching. With each episode I laugh, I cry and I smile. I've enjoyed growing up with these people and it's been a privilege to have had an insight into their lives.

The Stranger on Netflix is pretty good, crime drama, multi-stranded, yet to see last episode but I'd give it 8/10.

Also on Netflix: Ares, Dutch Horror/Fantasy/Conspiracy, 7/10; October Faction, monster hunters done seriously, 8/10; Daybreak, Zombie Apocalypse comedy, just watched the first episode, not too impressed.

Finally getting to see Westworld on SyFy, Season 1 is great, all episodes 8 or 9/10.

Silent Witness, latest season is pretty good. 8/10.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
As a younger pup, I used to love Crimewatch (genuinely not sure why), until one episode featured a crime from my neck of the woods and suddenly I realised that these were real, scary events with real world consequences. Although I knew these were real crimes, I think I'd assumed it was somehow fictional as it was 'on the telly'. I remember my young mind being quite shaken by the realisation.
Did some work on this in my criminology MA; about the question of whether crime in the media, both actual and in drama and fiction, influences people's levels of fear.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Bruno is still the best SBC character!

But on Goes Wrong, where the guy slammed his hand on the table for emphasis and *slap*! Oh dearie me!