What TV Are You Watching?

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
There's also the Wallander series which is a bit more subtle (I think) and not as dark as Beck. They both started in the 80's and have made tons of movies in their respective series. But there's also the Kenneth Brannagh Tv adaptation where he played the Detective. They filmed 4 series in Sweden, everyone else spoke Swedish but he spoke English (IIRC). I don't watch them myself but Swede's love a Detective drama.
Ooh thanks! We shall look out for that on prime also.

onetwothree

Sigils, Prosecco and crying are my main talents.
The Pale Horse on BBC1 is very good. Oh, and I didn't get the first episode of the new Inside No.9 at all, but am looking forward to catching up with the second.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
The Pale Horse on BBC1 is very good. Oh, and I didn't get the first episode of the new Inside No.9 at all, but am looking forward to catching up with the second.
Here's the Inside No.9 thread if you want to discuss it.

But basically...

The referee revealed he had a tattoo of the biggest rival of the club he was refereeing for on his back, therefore all the things he had done were not down to incompetence (like awarding the opposition a handball when the goalkeeper saved it!) or bad judgement (like having an affair with their best player, Number 9 - hence, "inside No.9") but because he was deliberately sabotaging their chance at winning, and clearing the way for his favourite team to win.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
We're watching 'The Stranger' at the moment .. it seems pretty generic to me so far .. irritating yuppies, windswept moors type setting, Columbo's Sister type detective, bad acting .. written by Harlan Coben, my Mum bought me one of his books for Christmas but I couldn't get into it so gave it to the Mrs. I've never really been into police case dramas so someone else might love it.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
We're watching 'The Stranger' at the moment .. it seems pretty generic to me so far .. irritating yuppies, windswept moors type setting, Columbo's Sister type detective, bad acting .. written by Harlan Coben, my Mum bought me one of his books for Christmas but I couldn't get into it so gave it to the Mrs. I've never really been into police case dramas so someone else might love it.
We loved that. It gets very dark indeed.

We're familiar with the area it's set in so that was a bonus!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Hidden, BBC Wales. Dunno if anyone else has reported on this.

There are two versions, in Welsh and English. We are of course watching the English version, which still has a lot of English-subtitled Welsh speech. It's set in north Wales, an area I know well and which Techy has also come to love.
There are wonderful landscape shots, including the wondrous Britannia Bridge over the Menai Strait. We cycle along there wherever humanly possible.

The drama is interesting too!

The mid-season finale of Vikings. The Rus attack Norway, an epic battle ensues.

Another ten episodes to come, probably in a few months on RTE2.
That was pretty awesome - one of the most impressive battle sequences in a TV series ever (yes, up there with Game of Thrones!).

And what a cliff-hanger with our hero Bjorn!

Can't believe we will have to wait almost until the end of 2020 for the concluding (and definitely final) 10 episodes.

I was hoping they would revisit Rollo in France and take us through to the Viking {Norman} conquest of England in 1066.

It's been a terrific series overall.

Eponastill

Abominable Snowman
I've been watching 'David Wilson's Crime Files' on the iplayer. It's a BBC Scotland series. Someone investigates a historic case, he chats to someone about a recent case, and also talks to a crime fiction writer from Scotland. Each programme has a different theme, and they last for an hour. I recommend.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Anyone see The Pale Horse episode 2? One of the most stylish things I've seen in ages, but it got to the end and I was like oh, wow, right... huh?! If you've seen it you'll know what I mean. Went all ambiguous.
It proves the witches are actually powerless. They are unwitting stooges.

Easterbrook can't sleep well after impulsively murdering his wife. He asks the witches to stop his nightmares but after also murdering Zachariah, that event too is incorporated into them and he is doomed to relive his crimes every night.

So there IS a curse, but it is one he has placed upon himself through his own wickedness.