What TV Are You Watching?

dejanmikic

Ephemeral Spectre
I started Outsider (based on S.King as is everything else today..). It went well for 4-5 episodes but then it just got so slow and meaningless.... the thing is killing children and feast on sorrow.... and it is contagious.... don't go there unless you have time to spare

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Excellent documentary on BBC2 tonight about the 1970 Miss World scandal, some real characters in it, Miss Africa South especially. You can see why they'd make a film out of it, but I don't know if it would do the whole rigmarole justice. Laugh out loud funny in places (not Bob Hope's jokes) and thought provoking in others. On iPlayer if you're short of something to watch.

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
We watched a new sitcom on ITV last week, Kate and Koji. Starring Brenda Blethlyn (she of Vera fame). (Which is the reason we watched it).

Not hilariously funny, but had its moments. We shall see tonight how episode 2 fares. A bit of light relief in the current circumstances anyway.

Last edited:

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Started 'The Mandalorian' as we now have Disney+.

Loved the first episode, the tone was spot on.

Also finished This Country. What a fantastically well-deserved, bittersweet, hilarious show. Highly recommended.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
An Aussie political/spy series called 'Secret City' on Netflix. Based in our nation's capital city, Canberra, a fine, though boring place, it's actually rather watchable (lots of good local actors in the cast).

FunkyTT

Junior Acolyte
Thanks to this thread I'll be checking out the following on netflix

Mind hunter
Altered carbon
I'm not ok with this
Kingdom

I've been watching some silly comedy's to try keep things light , Citzen Khan on bbc Iplayer is daft and funny, and old Absolutley Fabulous episodes

Trevp666

Abominable Snowman
Thanks to my son (who bought me a big new TV at xmas) I now have the netflix. Not that I have found much of any good on it, however it has allowed me to rewatch (and catch a couple of episodes I missed originally) of the fabulous "Trailer Park Boys".
Also watching "Star Trek: Discovery" which is quite good, if a little disjointed and seems to suffer from some minor 'continuity' errors.
Also rewatching "Come Fly With Me".
I wanted to watch "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" as I originally only managed to see Series 1, but it doesn't appear to be available.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
I'm getting quite addicted to Minder & seeing who crops up in it. Yesterday my ex classmate from school was in it again playing a heavy, something he wasn't particularly suited for, being fairly tall & skinny. The only words I heard him speak were "all right". He narrowly missed being thrown in the Thames by Terry.

Stillill

Ephemeral Spectre
Also finished This Country. What a fantastically well-deserved, bittersweet, hilarious show. Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]
Very funny sitcom. I haven’t seen series three yet though. I’m saving it because I like it so much. Yes I am mental.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
  • Picard - just the finale to go!
  • Better Call Saul S5
  • The Mandalorian
  • Arrow S1 - I'm planning on watching the all the CD TV shows, even found a website that has an incredibly detailed watch order.
  • Luke Cage S2
  • The Witcher*
  • Friday Night Dinner
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee
*I'm planning on spending isolation writing a hit TV show about a long-haired buff fella who spends all day moaning about everything, and calling it "The Bitcher".

FunkyTT

Junior Acolyte
Tiger King on Netflix. I won't spoil it for you.
Seen that the other night .

Saw a good doc on Netflix called The Pharmacist, about the opioid addiction/pill mill scandal in the USA. Shocking how Purdue Pharma had free reign to peddle there legal heroin unchecked for so long and tried to push it as non addictive. They have paid out millions in compo/lawsuits/whatever's but it's pocket change for them. A more fitting punishment to that family would be to make them take there "non addictive miracle pills" for at least six months , then cut them off and throw them in a jail cell to enjoy the cold turkey they claimed would not happen. :pitch:

V interesting real life drama though, it all starts with the pharmacist in question looking for his sons murderer, he's an amazing investigator, he should get a job with the police/DEA. The guy really wanted to make a difference and he worked very hard to bring the dodgy doctors (drug dealers in white coats ) to account. Gripping and emotional watch. Blows the lid off the "ethics" of big pharma.

Some good films been on past few nights, saw City of the Dead last night ( never seen before) and interview with the vampire was on later. ( seen loads but it's one I can watch annually) Lost Boys (80s original not the crap remake ) was on last night too, another fave.

Seen a few kids films with my toddler, Cats and Dogs, Dispicable Me (on now) and a couple of Harry Potters.

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
Watching the 1991 Scottish Cup Final on BBC Scotland. What a great idea to show these old games- hopefully they'll keep doing it.