What TV Are You Watching?

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Snowpiercer off to a good start. first two episodes on Netflix, new episode every Monday. Murder on the snow express. A former homicide detective is brought from the Tail to investigate. Pretty violent. The Train is portrayed even better than in the film. Allegories about class nature of society.

CarlosTheDJ

Sio Bibble
Reaction score
Snowpiercer off to a good start. first two episodes on Netflix, new episode every Monday. Murder on the snow express. A former homicide detective is brought from the Tail to investigate. Pretty violent. The Train is portrayed even better than in the film. Allegories about class nature of society.
Is it a sequel/prequel to the movie or a standalone thing?

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Epstein - Netflix. Only watched episode 1 so far, but it's fascinating.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
They made it into a series?

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
For years I've been telling people that Rowland Rivron once had a chat show where he and his guests floated in the River Thames and no- one's believed me- now I've found proof:

Ringo

Less than 2m away
Reaction score
Before shagging Mr Cadbury's Parrot

I absolutely love and am addicted to Mini-Eggs. I can eat other brands too. There's something about the size and shape and the crispy shell. I like a good shell but M&M's can p*ss off. They just taste weird. Minstrels are divine, Smarties at a push (although they don't taste like they used to).

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
I absolutely love and am addicted to Mini-Eggs. I can eat other brands too. There's something about the size and shape and the crispy shell. I like a good shell but M&M's can p*ss off. They just taste weird. Minstrels are divine, Smarties at a push (although they don't taste like they used to).
"Nestle releases new Smarties tube with just one flavour after receiving '500 requests a day' (the one that tastes of oranges apparently)

Nestle know what they can do with their tubes .. except it's only available from Asda in 150g bags.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/shopping-deals/nestle-releases-new-smarties-tubes-11351073

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
For years I've been telling people that Rowland Rivron once had a chat show where he and his guests floated in the River Thames and no- one's believed me- now I've found proof:

Yes, I used to watch that, it was on late night Channel 4. Wendy James was a guest and he so impressed her that they went out for a while, I think.

Vardoger

Antediluvian
Reaction score
CNN broadcasting the speeches of St. Paul and Minneapolis mayors and other city officials about the situation in the twin cities.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Mystery mornings on freeview Blaze they are on about disappearing island at the mo, the mo

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Watching Upload on Amazon Prime, Sci Fi comedy about a digital afterlife - it's quite good.
(OK, I've just watched nine episodes in a sitting and only stopped 'cos I need a wee).

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. Just watched the episode where Cap is asked to resign from Spectrum for running up gambling debts and takes to drinking on his own in a pub and snapping at the barman. Yes, really.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Inhuman Resources: Eric Cantona plays a frormer HR Manager now reduced to taking jobs where he's exploited, he headbutts a manager who kicks him but he gets into trouble. Cantona headbutts a lot of people in this series. He's offered a job where he'll be an interrogator in a false hostage situation. then things begin to jump the shark. Some great episodes - 9/10; overall 8/10. On Netflix.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I like a laugh.
I have a fairly well developed funnybone.
I can thoroughly recommend "Comedians - In cars - Getting Coffee"
It's on Netflix and it is Jerry Seinfeld, who in each episode, picks up a comedian, usually in a lovely classic car, for a drive somewhere to get coffee.
It's very gentle. Obviously mostly US based but there are some Brits too.
Each episode is about 15- 20 minutes long. There are many episodes.
Well worth a watch.
Some people are unknown in the UK but they are still entertaining.

CarlosTheDJ

Sio Bibble
Reaction score
I like a laugh.
I have a fairly well developed funnybone.
I can thoroughly recommend "Comedians - In cars - Getting Coffee"
It's on Netflix and it is Jerry Seinfeld, who in each episode, picks up a comedian, usually in a lovely classic car, for a drive somewhere to get coffee.
It's very gentle. Obviously mostly US based but there are some Brits too.
Each episode is about 15- 20 minutes long. There are many episodes.
Well worth a watch.
Some people are unknown in the UK but they are still entertaining.
Have you got to the Obama episode yet?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Space Force on Netflix. The dog's tail :rollingw:

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Inhuman Resources: Eric Cantona plays a frormer HR Manager now reduced to taking jobs where he's exploited, he headbutts a manager who kicks him but he gets into trouble. Cantona headbutts a lot of people in this series. He's offered a job where he'll be an interrogator in a false hostage situation. then things begin to jump the shark. Some great episodes - 9/10; overall 8/10. On Netflix.
I read the original French novel a couple of years ago.
Had to suspend my disbelief a fair bit at the implausible action and twists, but found it quite enjoyable nonetheless. Had no idea they had turned it into a TV series. Will have to check it out.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Wish Sapphire and Steel was on a bit earlier, I've got work in the morning. Those Forces TV announcers do seem to have a soft spot for Comely Lumley.

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I'm getting into it now. 3 episodes in, it's my last thing at night before bedtime watch.
Strays towards political preachiness at times, but still quite fun.
My favourite character is the brassy Northern woman in the fur coat, played by Alison Wright.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I'm watching the re-runs of Sapphire and Steel - it records on my 'tivo' box so the timing isn't an issue.
Quite dark for an early evening 80s show really.

AgProv

Master of Uncertainty and Doubt
Reaction score
Watching You've Been Framed, which started to get funny after they employed Harry Hill to do the voiceover in his wonderful surreal absurdist nonsequeterial way. Okay, it isn't highbrow TV and with a lot of the clips they show you start to get a suspicion that a certain amount of staging is going on. But the ones that are either spontaneous, or else really well acted, can be funny! (you can have far too much of other peoples' snotty brat kids being disgusting and oozing bodily secretions, though)

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Watching You've Been Framed, which started to get funny after they employed Harry Hill to do the voiceover in his wonderful surreal absurdist nonsequeterial way. Okay, it isn't highbrow TV and with a lot of the clips they show you start to get a suspicion that a certain amount of staging is going on. But the ones that are either spontaneous, or else really well acted, can be funny! (you can have far too much of other peoples' snotty brat kids being disgusting and oozing bodily secretions, though)
Love it when the arsey kids and teenagers play up for the camera and end up in A & E :D

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I'm rewatching the Netflix Madeleine McCann series and once again shouting 'Bollocks!' at the telly.