What TV Are You Watching?

Sabresonic

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Goodnight Sweetheart and the BBC did a one off special and never commissioned for a return but instead did a Open All Hours retake...dicks.

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
On the iPlayer until Tuesday - The Borderlands
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0464qtx/the-borderlands
It's a superbly British horror film, dark humour and some moments where you jump. I liked it a lot. It's essentially about some people investigating strange goings on at an old church, so a suitably fortean theme.
Just yes. this film is so much better than you think it can be. And my god, does it stick with you. That ending....It's on Amazon Prime. Watch it!!

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Midsummer Murders, top of the league for crime detection,
sod all for crime prevention.
I pay for my BritBos subscriiton mainly so that I have access to Midsummer Murders. I like cute and cozy; Tom Hanks for cute, BritBox for cozy (all that crime!!)

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I pay for my BritBos subscriiton mainly so that I have access to Midsummer Murders. I like cute and cozy; Tom Hanks for cute, BritBox for cozy (all that crime!!)
When I had dinner at the Trinity College, Oxford High Table a couple of years ago* I was highly entertained by a Prof who told me all about how dangerous Oxford had become.

You only had to watch that vintage documentary series Inspector Morse or its more recent follow-up, Lewis, to realise that the place was full of jealousy, perversion and coldhearted murder.

Dons nearing retirement age are now looking into moving away from the hazards of the city to quiet villages in a pleasant county called, what was it now, oh yes, Midsomer.

*yes, I know, swanky! ;)

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
When I had dinner at the Trinity College, Oxford High Table a couple of years ago* I was highly entertained by a Prof who told me all about how dangerous Oxford had become.

You only had to watch that vintage documentary series Inspector Morse or its more recent follow-up, Lewis, to realise that the place was full of jealousy, perversion and coldhearted murder.

Dons nearing retirement age are now looking into moving away from the hazards of the city to quiet villages in a pleasant county called, what was it now, oh yes, Midsomer.

*yes, I know, swanky! ;)
Swanky increases...I worked for one of the oldest Oxford colleges. My office was built and decorated in the year dot. I like to have radio 3 on in the background when I work. So, classical music is playing, I'm sat in my foolishly old and large office, and a student's non Oxford friend is with me. He looks round, blinks, and says "I feel like I'm in an episode of Morse". Me; "yep".

Trinity is well swanky! A fantabulous college