What TV Are You Watching?

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Top of the Pops: Story of 1990. Adamski: WTF?! Lindy Layton: "Come with me if you want to live!" MC Tunes: Shaun Ryder's lost brother? Betty Boo: was interviewed but Vanilla Ice wasn't - advantage Betty. Bring on the 90s!

The repeated episodes start again next Friday!

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
The Barrier: Dystopian series set 25 years after WW3 which along with environmental disaster and viruses laid the ground for a dictatorship to take power (about now) in Spain. Madrid is a grim place for ordinary people but still better than most of the country as a barrier keeps the infected out. Things kick off with an army officer being killed in a sex club, then the Gestapo like police arrive. Conspiracies abound. A real 1984 feel here, the dilapidated city, blood tests, secret experiments. On Netflix. 8/10.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
The UnXplained with William Shatner. So far we’ve had the Suicide Forest and volanic regions with high piezoelectricity causing suicidal thoughts, The Dyaltov Incident and weird sonic effects of winds in that region causing psychosis and the Haunted Shawnee Amusement Park built on an Indian burial ground. And there’s more in this episode. And it has Shatner!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
The UnXplained with William Shatner. So far we’ve had the Suicide Forest and volanic regions with high piezoelectricity causing suicidal thoughts, The Dyaltov Incident and weird sonic effects of winds in that region causing psychosis and the Haunted Shawnee Amusement Park built on an Indian burial ground. And there’s more in this episode. And it has Shatner!
I'm still working out how to pronounce 'UnXplained'.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
I'm still working out how to pronounce 'UnXplained'.
Well. I guess that’s something we’ll never know. But it has Shatner. And it’s a bitesize cornucopia snippetfest of great Forteana. Cheesy AF but that’s not always a bad thing.

Meechyemoo

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I'm watching it too.

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
Well. I guess that’s something we’ll never know. But it has Shatner. And it’s a bitesize cornucopia snippetfest of great Forteana. Cheesy AF but that’s not always a bad thing.
Shatner is consistent in his presenting style, that’s for sure. He did a series called Weird or What and the episodes of this and the latest are interchangeable.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
Shatner is consistent in his presenting style, that’s for sure. He did a series called Weird or What and the episodes of this and the latest are interchangeable.
I bet the cheques are good too.

Edit... I think Shatner has found a particular niche and I think he enjoys it. Look at his presentation. Listen to his music. He doesn’t seem yo mind being the WTF? guy.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
Ahem.... retelling old Fortean stories over and over again... ahem.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Mr Robot Season 4. the paranoia and conspiracies continue.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
The Vice Presidential Debate. No further comment!

Rerenny

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Michael Palin's reminiscences about his travels.

I've never forgotten how much I adore him, but seeing his continued open, sweet, good natured way of approaching the world reminds me again of the importance of kindness and warmth. What a lovely man. Well worth the endless, knee-shaking wait to get his autograph that I went through once, many years ago. Honestly, I was gibbering and he spoke to me like I was the most fascinating person he'd met. My boyfriend led me away whilst fanning me with a nearby paberback. I was a very happy wreck!

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Guy Martin on Channel 4 - last ten years of record breaking. Love him I do.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Adult Material on Channel 4 is excellent. Not what you might expect (well, it is partly, but there's more to it). Hayley Squires is formidable.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
Ballers
Teenage Bounty Hunters

Sie

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Monkey, aka Monkey Magic on a box set of the original series. I know I'm seeing it through a haze of nostalgia but I still think it's great and it's the kind of escapism I'm glad for at the moment.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
A good night’s tv on a saturday night at last. Netflix and Prime served up the first episode of Star Trek Discovery which is consciously uncoupling itself from the goody-two shoes turned Evil and corrupt Federation anvil that these shows have to drag around. Then the excellent ‘one-take’ 1917 which I thought excellent in a ‘how did they do that’ sort of way.

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel hopping and I’ve found Ice Cold in Alex is on. Dammit. Won’t get much done until it’s finished. I really should just give in and buy my own copy of one of the greatest films ever made!

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel hopping and I’ve found Ice Cold in Alex is on. Dammit. Won’t get much done until it’s finished. I really should just give in and buy my own copy of one of the greatest films ever made!
And that’s it ruined. Never noticed it before but as they drive off at the end from Alexandria there is a Landrover parked up in the background. Landrovers did not come until existence until 1948. Several years after the events depicted in the film. Ruined :)

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Realised that outside sport, this is currently the only program I have on auto record:

'The Repair Shop'

Full details and previous episodes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l581p

The sight of an old, much loved and tattered teddy bear being expertly restored, is a particular highlight (how can anyone not become emotional!).

One artefact brought in had a most definite Fortean connection...

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Realised that outside sport, this is currently the only program I have on auto record:

'The Repair Shop'

Full details and previous episodes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l581p

The sight of an old, much loved and tattered teddy bear being expertly restored, is a particular highlight (how can anyone not become emotional!).

One artefact brought in had a most definite Fortean connection...

One of my favourites as well! I just love seeing skilled crafts people at work and the joy on peoples faces. It's infectious and needed just now.

Sollywos x

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
The Alienist. Season 2: Angel of Darkness.
FBI
FBI: Most Wanted.
Roadkill
DNA
Evil
Brave New World
The Twilight Zone
Minority Report
Stitchers
Heroes
La Révolution
Our Cartoon President

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Saw the first four episodes of The Good Place on 4Music ((with Ted Danson) - high jinks in the Afterlife.
Reminded me of the highly entertaining Upload which was high jinks in a digital Afterlife (but no second season).