What TV Are You Watching?

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw the first four episodes of The Good Place on 4Music ((with Ted Danson) - high jinks in the Afterlife.
Reminded me of the highly entertaining Upload which was high jinks in a digital Afterlife (but no second season).
Four series of it in total, the fourth one comes to DVD in January. 1-3 have been excellent.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
The Alienist. Season 2: Angel of Darkness.
FBI
FBI: Most Wanted.
Roadkill
DNA
Evil
Brave New World
The Twilight Zone
Minority Report
Stitchers
Heroes
La Révolution
Our Cartoon President
Also

Mr Robot

The Barrier

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Arrow S3
Shameless (UK) S2
Deep Space Nine S6
The Expanse S3
Discovery S3
Constantine
The Flash S1
The Man In The High Castle S3

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone been watching Evil? Very enjoyable, currently on the Alibi channel in the U.K.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Anyone been watching Evil? Very enjoyable, currently on the Alibi channel in the U.K.

Pretty good. Is all of the evil the team face psychological or are they facing real demons?! Some interesting characters.

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty good. Is all of the evil the team face psychological or are they facing real demons?! Some interesting characters.
Yeah I’m finding it’s improving as it goes along. Glad I caught it.

Okarin

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
just about to kick off season 2 of the Alienist via netflix and rewatching xfiles season 1 for old times sake lol!!

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Thanks for the alert, @gordonrutter ! Just watched the first episode, not bad, wasn't very funny but they're serious about the scares and weirdness. Checked the Amazon.co.uk comments and apparently it's political correctness gone mad because a woman speaks in it or something. Remembering Wreck-It Ralph: don't read the comments.

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the alert, @gordonrutter ! Just watched the first episode, not bad, wasn't very funny but they're serious about the scares and weirdness. Checked the Amazon.co.uk comments and apparently it's political correctness gone mad because a woman speaks in it or something. Remembering Wreck-It Ralph: don't read the comments.
It’s only 8 half hour episodes so I’ve actually finished it already, really enjoyed it all and hoping for a series two!

Okarin

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Just binged watched Truth Seekers. I really enjoyed it, but then I am a bit of a Frost/Pegg fan boy!

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
It was ok, thought the last episode kind of sort of managed to bring the disperate threads together. For some reason I kept thinking of Utopia (original UK obvs).

Would definitely watch a 2nd series, and they seem to have left ways open to contine.

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
It was ok, thought the last episode kind of sort of managed to bring the disperate threads together. For some reason I kept thinking of Utopia (original UK obvs).

Would definitely watch a 2nd series, and they seem to have left ways open to contine.
I must admit I’m in the it was great camp. It seems to be polarising people!

Vardoger

I'm #1 so why try harder
Reaction score
CNN. Celebrating with a cup of coffee.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I don't watch tv per se as I stream online. But I have started watching Trickster on CBC. It's into its fifth week. It is a coming of age drama. Jared is an indigenous teen who has usual teen and family problems, but there is something that he doesn't know about his family.

The majority of the show's actors are indigenous actors. I don't recognize any of them, though I have seen several Canadian shows - Blackstone, North of 60, The Rez, to name a few - but the acting and storyline are great.

I enjoy folklore, and though I have heard of the trickster, there are other North American indigenous supernatural beings of which are not familiar to me in the series. The show is keeping me on the edge of my seat because I really do not have any idea of what is going to happen.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
We've just binged ITV's The Sister. Someone is dead, and someone claims there's a ghost, and someone may or may not have killed someone and someone has a guilty secret which is not HALF as guilty as someone else's secret...

Highly recommended. I may watch the whole thing again to pick up the clues we missed first time as we kept stopping it to argue! :chuckle:

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
The Orville is doing it for me. I’m well into the second season and the Kaylon 2 parter was absolutely brilliant.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Anyone watched Norsemen?

Norwegian made Viking era comedy drama on Netflix. In English with Scandi accents. My friends put me onto it. Set in the 700s but the characters have modern sensibilities - worry that their raping/pillaging/violence may be taking things too far although it's in the job description for Vikings.

Starts off on a longboat returning home from a raiding spree with slaves & loot. Many plot lines - devious schemes & murder to become leader of the clan & so on. There's a statuesque blond female character as one of the warriors who also participates enthusiastically in the raping & pillaging.

Acting/characters/settings/storylines are excellent with some laugh out loud moments. Haven't got to the end of it yet. The episodes are only about 30 mins long which makes it very watchable. I can predict you'll want to watch more than one at a time. Recommended.

Mr. Banooka

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Anyone watched Norsemen?

Norwegian made Viking era comedy drama on Netflix. In English with Scandi accents. My friends put me onto it. Set in the 700s but the characters have modern sensibilities - worry that their raping/pillaging/violence may be taking things too far although it's in the job description for Vikings.

Starts off on a longboat returning home from a raiding spree with slaves & loot. Many plot lines - devious schemes & murder to become leader of the clan & so on. There's a statuesque blond female character as one of the warriors who also participates enthusiastically in the raping & pillaging.

Acting/characters/settings/storylines are excellent with some laugh out loud moments. Haven't got to the end of it yet. The episodes are only about 30 mins long which makes it very watchable. I can predict you'll want to watch more than one at a time. Recommended.

i love the fact that they record it twice. Once in Norwegian and once in English.

It‘s very dark, but very funny.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Anyone watched Norsemen?

Yeah, I loved all 3 seasons. It cleverly sends up Vikings a lot of the time.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The Queen's Gambit - on Netflix. Brilliant and I now have a serious crush on Anya Taylor-Joy. Checkmate!

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
The Unexplained with The Shatner. The 11 underground churches in Ethiopia I'd not heard of before, genuinely amazing, & the odd house built by the Winchester rifle man's widow was interesting. The built-by-one-man Coral Garden also featured. There was also a bit of 'some people say that'.., 'is it possible that..' woo.

Entertaining enough. The Shat doesn't have to do much more than walk the 12 feet from start edit point to final camera position.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
There's a lot going on at the moment!

I'd be happily indoors even if there was no lockdown.

The Man In The High Castle
Taskmaster
Royal Fibs with Lucy Worsley
Bake Off (and Extra Slice)
Gogglebox
The Last Leg
Constantine
Arrow
The Flash
Shameless
Star Trek Discovery
The Mandalorian
The Expanse
Only Connect
University Challenge

And most importantly Antiques Road Trip is back.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
What are they?

We enjoyed Hinterland and Keeping Faith. Great stories and excellent acting with STUPENDOUS Welsh scenery.
We know many of the locations so there was a lot of rewinding and pointing.

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
We enjoyed Hinterland and Keeping Faith. Great stories and excellent acting with STUPENDOUS Welsh scenery.
We know many of the locations so there was a lot of rewinding and pointing.

I didn't much get on with Keeping Faith: too many inexplicably placed scenes of the main character sitting in the grass, playing with her hair and staring wistfully into the distance, accompanied by seemingly (to me, at least) incongruous music - it was as if the plot kept getting interrupted by an errant advert for Head & bloody Shoulders.

Hinterland was okay, but I thought Craith (Hidden) was much better. I watched the second series on S4C, with English subtitles, prior to the English language release. Really very good drama, I thought - with an excellent lead actor.

Last edited: