What TV Are You Watching?

Vardoger

I'm #1 so why try harder
Reaction score
I didn't much get on with Keeping Faith: too many inexplicably placed scenes of the main character sitting in the grass, playing with her hair and staring wistfully into the distance, accompanied by seemingly (to me, at least) incongruous music - it was as if the plot kept getting interrupted by an errant advert for Head & bloody Shoulders.
With hair like that, it's very much part of the show. :chuckle:

1605348509780.png

skinny

TIT
Reaction score
Fargo S4
Soooooo inferior to the franchise, despite the best efforts of the cast. 7 eps in and disappointed.

Sure 3 out of 4 is still a win. Gloria Burgle is still primary.

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Must admit as a HUGE Fargo/Cohen Bros fanboi, S4 underwhelmed me so far too - made it to episode 3 and decided to "collect them all" so I could binge it. Previous series have been "shut up Fargos on" TV.

Am really really enjoying Queens Gambit on Netflix tho. The editing is stunning during the chess games.

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
With hair like that, it's very much part of the show...

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she has a fine head of hair - but the amount of bloody airtime (hairtime?) it was getting I'm surprised it wasn't being interviewed on This Morning, or taking its owner to court over the discriminatory pay gap between barnets and the person they are attached to.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Fargo S4
Soooooo inferior to the franchise, despite the best efforts of the cast. 7 eps in and disappointed.

Sure 3 out of 4 is still a win. Gloria Burgle is still primary.

I haven't found anywhere to watch it, but I'm very sorry to hear this, the previous three have been great, really gave excellent casts something to get their teeth into.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score

Schrodinger's Zebra

I tried to warn you...
Reaction score
The Fugitive on Talking Pictures TV.

Excellent show but very nerve-wracking whenever Lt Gerard is going to be in the episode. Nail-biting stuff.

1606257800378.png

skinny

TIT
Reaction score

genex17

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Dragnet...the classic 1951-1959 run found on YouTube. The show always featured some quirky characters as comic releif like the guy sitting at the table complaining about a shoeshine. (The Big Swindle).
Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 8.09.01 PM.png

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
In The Undoing, the lawyer kept swivelling round from the front seat of a moving car to advise her client and his wife. She was turning right round for longer and longer time and not paying ANY attention to the road.

I thought 'Well THAT'S a bit silly! They're going to crash in a minute!'

Then 'Oh yeah, it's in America, they're in a taxi, she's a passenger.... durr.'

:rolleyes:

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
In The Undoing, the lawyer kept swivelling round from the front seat of a moving car to advise her client and his wife. She was turning right round for longer and longer time and not paying ANY attention to the road.

I thought 'Well THAT'S a bit silly! They're going to crash in a minute!'

Then 'Oh yeah, it's in America, they're in a taxi, she's a passenger.... durr.'

:rolleyes:
Yeah, what is it with those North Americans?:rofl:

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I don't subscribe to Sky but Sky Arts is now on freeview & broadcasts some good stuff.

There was a great warts-&-all Joe Cocker documentary the other day. One of the great rock/blues/soul singers & great performer as well imo with all his wild bodily & facial shenanigans. Some said he actually went into a kind of trance when on stage. Many who knew/worked with him interviewed & all manner of triumphs/disasters documented. His Woodstock performance & Mad Dogs & Englishmen tour made him a star.

He was his own worst enemy with boozing/drugs but though he infuriated many, no-one had a bad word to say about him personally - seems he was a gent. He had years of drink/drug excess & chaos but came back. He went more MOR as he got older but he still did the songs justice. He eventually settled in the Rockies with his wife & was happiest walking trails with his dogs.

They tend to repeat their programmes so it may be shown again. If you've ever been a fan it's a great watch.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
We're watching The Vow, about the American personal development programme/cult NXIVM. Branding, what the actual?

Cults are interesting because people you'd think are perfectly intelligent and self-confident are taken in by them, over and over again. I'm sitting here shaking my head and saying 'Stupid or what?'

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Neil Brand's TV music doc on BBC4 tonight was just excellent. Obviously he couldn't mention all the classics, but the way he explained the ones he covered was so good, you really did listen to them afresh, even the ones you've heard thousands of times. Next week: adverts and idents! The Shake 'n' Vac jingle: justice at last!

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
Neil Brand's TV music doc on BBC4 tonight was just excellent. Obviously he couldn't mention all the classics, but the way he explained the ones he covered was so good, you really did listen to them afresh, even the ones you've heard thousands of times. Next week: adverts and idents! The Shake 'n' Vac jingle: justice at last!
But he said Dr Who started in 1962! Lost all credibility, how can we believe anything he says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
But he said Dr Who started in 1962! Lost all credibility, how can we believe anything he says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He didn't, the caption writer did! I could feel the mass online outrage almost immediately!

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
He didn't, the caption writer did! I could feel the mass online outrage almost immediately!
Nope, he said it twice. The caption did indeed say it but by the time that came up he had already referred to it himself as happening in 1962.