What TV Are You Watching?

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Finished The I.T. Crowd for the umpteenth time. Trying an Austalian/UK one from a year or so back, Frayed. Mainly because I saw Diane Morgan is in it. Sort of Schitts Creek goes down under, kinda.
My kids - youngest is 18 - go through phases of watching either IT Crowd or Peep Show whilst we're having tea. I think we know some of them by heart! Also The Office, but only UK - I can't stand the US one.

Aurora Newman

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I haven't seen drag race in a long time. The last time was when Ju Ju Bee was on it. She was quite funny.

Aurora Newman

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I've just got Discovery Plus for a one month trial, can anyone recommend anything with Fortean themes or true crime please?
Ghost Adventures, The Dead Files, Paranormal Caught On Camera, Destination Fear, Ghost Nation, Ghost Hunters, Ancient Aliens, UFO Witness, Portals To Hell, Ghost Adventures Cecil Hotel, Ghost Adventures Top 10, Shock Docs: The Exorcism Of Roland Doe, Fright Club and later in the year Ghostober. :)

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
Reaction score
Ghost Adventures, The Dead Files, Paranormal Caught On Camera, Destination Fear, Ghost Nation, Ghost Hunters, Ancient Aliens, UFO Witness, Portals To Hell, Ghost Adventures Cecil Hotel, Ghost Adventures Top 10, Shock Docs: The Exorcism Of Roland Doe, Fright Club and later in the year Ghostober. :)
Someone's signed up to Discovery+ ;)

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I haven't seen drag race in a long time. The last time was when Ju Ju Bee was on it. She was quite funny.
The UK version is different - we watch both... The Brits have a totally different attitude. Worth a watch as the BBC got it, so they had to change the format a bit and it seems to work really well. Brits way less polished but way funnier and more lovable!

Also they've just put out a show about how the queens coped with lockdown, all filming themselves doing video diaries. They had just filmed episode 4 when filming was suspended and they all went home for 7 months. But at the time, they had no idea if it would resume. Some end up on the dole, one was a nurse and returns to working on the frontline in the NHS - most of them, the way they earned a living just vanishes overnight. I found that really interesting (but watch the main show first so you know who they are).

Raven

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Thank you, should keep me busy!

Aurora Newman

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
The UK version is different - we watch both... The Brits have a totally different attitude. Worth a watch as the BBC got it, so they had to change the format a bit and it seems to work really well. Brits way less polished but way funnier and more lovable!

Also they've just put out a show about how the queens coped with lockdown, all filming themselves doing video diaries. They had just filmed episode 4 when filming was suspended and they all went home for 7 months. But at the time, they had no idea if it would resume. Some end up on the dole, one was a nurse and returns to working on the frontline in the NHS - most of them, the way they earned a living just vanishes overnight. I found that really interesting (but watch the main show first so you know who they are).
Ok i will give it a go

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I see a theme emerging lol

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Blimey that's quite a list of utter shite.. You've missed out some Bigfoot shows though.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
And we've been bingeing Better Call Saul.
By now you should be suffering from "How is Kim going to die?!" syndrome. She's never mentioned in Breaking Bad, so BCS fans fear the worst. I just hope they're able to finish the show under pandemic conditions, Mike already looks like he's risen from the grave.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Back on Upload. :chuckle:

Jock Abroad

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score

None. I got wise and ditched the "Propaganda box" a few decades ago.
For those old enough to remember when it was called the "Idiot Box"

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score

None. I got wise and ditched the "Propaganda box" a few decades ago.
For those old enough to remember when it was called the "Idiot Box"
Nice for you, but for all those who live alone and don't get out much in these current, rather strained, times, the TV is the only company they have!

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
'American Gods'...watched the season 3 episodes....free on Starz this week.
I also watch 'Prodigal Son', 'Blacklist', 'Resident Alien', etc.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Afeared on BBC2, shoud still be on iplayer. Tales of the paranormal, ghosts etc. But also local history and folk tales. Covers the 1641 Rebellion in Ulster and atrocities on both both sides. Most importantly it shows how tales with a kernel of truth can morph over time.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Afeared on BBC2, shoud still be on iplayer. Tales of the paranormal, ghosts etc. But also local history and folk tales. Covers the 1641 Rebellion in Ulster and atrocities on both both sides. Most importantly it shows how tales with a kernel of truth can morph over time.
Oooh, I say! Thank you.
Downloading as we speak. :salute:

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
It didn’t exactly set the world on fire. It really needed the third one - Edgar Wright.
It seems to have been a really polarising show. Yes I think the lack of Ed Wright is a big issue, I nejoyed it and feel its a shame they won't be doing more.

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Truth Seekers with Nick Frost and Simon Pegg was discussed here when originally released, it has been cancelled and they won't be making anymore. Nick Frost is not happy and has described it as "a massive kick in the willy".
https://www.nme.com/news/tv/nick-fr...R0Q8Xx4INN44p_2wPD0BiCx7R3_j0rNAYeo0LmWruUjec
That is a shame. It wasnt earth shattering or anything but was very watchable unlike say series 56 of "Lets Go Dancing With Celebs In a Jungle Kitchen"

Really hoping Dead pixels gets a series 3, I loved series 2.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Half-watching Treasure Quest: Snake Island on Quest : two rednecks treasure seeking experts are in Bolivia trying to dig a hole to get at an underground tunnel. But the excavator they've just dragged up the mountain has a damaged bucket, so they try dynamite instead - might work, worth a try.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Legacy of Lies on Netflix, spy/revenge thriller. Ex MI6 agent (Scott Adkins)now a bouncer/cage fighter is traumatically reminded of the incident in which his wife was killed when a Ukrainian journalist asks to help her track down files. We get MI6, CIA, FSB, bio-poisoning, shoot-outs, double/triple crosses, not to mention Adkins' precocious 12 year old daughter. A bit too busy for it's own good but worth watching and if you're a Scott Adkins fan you'll be happy. Written & Directed by Adrian Bol. 6/10.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Homeland - Season 8. So far, so good. Claire Danes is wonderful.