What TV Are You Watching?

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
The Round The Horne shows co-written by Marty Feldman & Barry Took were the best & funniest. A triumph of smut & innuendo - the later ones after he left are nowhere near as good or sharp.

FunkyTT

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Another Squid Gamer here.
I've also been doing American Horror Story's " double feature" which the first half of has been surprisingly good. The previous seasons were not so good. Worth a watch .

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
The Round The Horne shows co-written by Marty Feldman & Barry Took were the best & funniest. A triumph of smut & innuendo - the later ones after he left are nowhere near as good or sharp.
I was listening to Round The Horne this morning when I read that. Julian and Sandy were tattooists who discussed using a mole ('It's actually a beauty spot!') on Horne's back as the patch over Nelson's eye.

Can remember listening to the show as young child and finding it baffling, knowing nothing of homosexuality or Polari. :chuckle:

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I was listening to Round The Horne this morning when I read that. Julian and Sandy were tattooists who discussed using a mole ('It's actually a beauty spot!') on Horne's back as the patch over Nelson's eye.

Can remember listening to the show as young child and finding it baffling, knowing nothing of homosexuality or Polari. :chuckle:
Coincidence eh? Same here - went way over my head - I still liked it for the other silliness, Rambling Sid Rumpo, J.Peasmold Gruntfuttock etc.. Kenneth Williams was perfect for the show.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Coincidence eh? Same here - went way over my head - I still liked it for the other silliness, Rambling Sid Rumpo, J.Peasmold Gruntfuttock etc.. Kenneth Williams was perfect for the show.
Yup, luckily there was other comedy there to enjoy.
I just thought Julian and Sandy were silly mardy boys. Like my brother. :chuckle:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
squid.jpeg

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Flicking around I found a show new to me - Naked, Alone & Running For Home just now on Freeview. 2 couples were in the Yorkshire Dales or Wolds, one or the other, & had to make their way 50 kilometres to Didsbury or somewhere, which seems quite a distance for one day. Winning couple would get a cash prize. They were allowed boots. Naughty bits weren’t fuzzed out.

They weren’t actually running as far as I could see, more wandering around lost. I’ll be sending a strongly worded email.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Flicking around I found a show new to me - Naked, Alone & Running For Home just now on Freeview. 2 couples were in the Yorkshire Dales or Wolds, one or the other, & had to make their way 50 kilometres to Didsbury or somewhere, which seems quite a distance for one day. Winning couple would get a cash prize. They were allowed boots. Naughty bits weren’t fuzzed out.

They weren’t actually running as far as I could see, more wandering around lost. I’ll be sending a strongly worded email.
Sounds a bit like a crappy British version of 'Naked and Afraid'

Ringo

I like to not get involved in these matters
Reaction score
We're enjoying Aquarius on Netflix.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
There could be a strike in the future in Hollywood and all film and TV production will stop.

Mandalorian fans are worried that this would throw this most anticipated third series into limbo.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
He can come over here; Din Djarin is flexible after all.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Dmax CH38 now mystery's of the deep about MH370
Now on about the sailor found mummified on his round the world yacht

Last edited:

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
My telly time is divided between re-re-watching Dexter, and hooting over my new discovery: Archer.

maximus otter

FunkyTT

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one is doing the new American horror story !

The second half of double feature is "Death Valley" and its got all the Fortean/conspiracy tropes...... Area 51, gov in cahoots with aliens, Kubricks faked moon landing , abductions, D.U.M.B's , hybrids, JFK shooting.

Good stuff.

It's not officially on uk to yet but easy to find online.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I finally finished wolf's rain and the ending was crap. its anime TV series.

Bad Bungle

Tutti but not Frutti.
Reaction score
"A SHADO interceptor pilot is placed under a hypnotic spell by an alien-influenced cat"
(UFO S1 EP3)

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't spotted it....

All 180 episodes of 'Seinfeld' are now available on Netflix (since last week) so that should keep us all entertained for quite some time.
Some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen is contained within their walls.
One of the greatest sitcoms ever made.

It's interesting to watch a good run of Seinfeld episodes, then watch Father Ted or the IT Crowd, and see how many scenes are clearly "heavily inspired" by similar ones in Seinfeld. Including the Father Ted one where he is mistaken for Hitler.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Local public TV supported by local donations, had two surprises this Saturday night.

From BBC One, we had two programs new to our area :

Hold the Sunset

Ghosts

Both very funny, and I hope they continue showing the new episodes.

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
BBC’s most popular show is probably not what you think, and I am a big fan.

Death in Paradise is seen in 236 markets around the world.

BBC has already contracted to film thru 2024.
A great show, althought I stopped watching after Kris Marshall left and it wasn't the same for me when Sara Martins left earlier.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
A great show, althought I stopped watching after Kris Marshall left and it wasn't the same for me when Sara Martins left earlier.
I like 'Death in Paradise', it has a nice light heartedness a lot of murder mysteries dont have, the stories are good and it continues the theme of the Sherlock Holmes and Miss Marple type mystery solving. The main character is charmingly out of place with thier own idiosyncrasies, each actor that has played the lead has brought his own individuality to the role, whilst still keeping to that same theme, I think Ralf Little has done a pretty good job of occupying the role. It is an easy watch when there is very little else on and doesn't have to rely on blood and gore, or high drama to keep you interested.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I like 'Death in Paradise', it has a nice light heartedness a lot of murder mysteries dont have, the stories are good and it continues the theme of the Sherlock Holmes and Miss Marple type mystery solving. The main character is charmingly out of place with thier own idiosyncrasies, each actor that has played the lead has brought his own individuality to the role, whilst still keeping to that same theme, I think Ralf Little has done a pretty good job of occupying the role. It is an easy watch when there is very little else on and doesn't have to rely on blood and gore, or high drama to keep you interested.
I think also why I stopped watching is that I was watching them on another channel to BBC so...... Adverts. I tend to phase out where adverts interupt a programme. It's almost impossible to enjoy a Columbo nowadays because of them.