What TV Are You Watching?

Bad Bungle

Tutti but not Frutti.
Reaction score
Watching Lost Hearts on BBC 4 to see if it is as scary as when I first caught it in the Library of an old Country Mansion.
Yup, cue the Hurdy-gurdy and the neck hairs started rising.

Mr. Banooka

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
CSI: Vegas, sequel series to the original CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Only Grissom, Sarah, Hodges and a retired, blind Jim Brass are back from the original series. Slight change in format is that instead of two individual crimes per episode, we have a season long arc and a crime of the week. It’s taken me a bit to get used to the new cast, but they are growing on me. The crimes have been pretty inventive so far, and the season arc is intriguing. Of course it’s still as daft as a brush and far fetched, but it’s still very entertaining.

I‘ve watched the first episode of Dexter: New Blood, which was excellent.

And of course the annual favourite The Curse of Oak Island is back.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Late on board with it, but the mem and l are really enjoying The Flight Attendant, starring Kaley Cuoco (Penny from The Big Bang Theory.)

(Spoilers at link.)

Cuoco plays an air stewardess who enjoys a drink several drinks far too many drinks, often followed by an ill-considered willy. She cops off with a passenger on a flight to Bangkok, goes through the process outlined above, then wakes up in his hotel bed the following morning. What makes this hungover attempt at a tiptoeing escape more awks than normal is that lover boy is soused with claret and dead, his throat having been cut.

The series covers Cuoco’s inept and vodka-soaked attempts to (a) solve the crime, and (b) try to keep up the appearance of a normal life, while (c) being investigated by the FBI, and (d) tracked down by some very nasty people.

A top supporting performance by Scotland’s own Michelle Gomez, AKA the deliciously psycho Sue White from Green Wing, and Missy from Dr. Who.

Highly recommended.

maximus otter

TangletwigsDeux

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Just finished the 3rd series of Craith (Hidden). Admit to being in floods of tears at the end.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I finished the first season of Dark on Netflix. I'm just now getting the characters straight. Great sci-fi, time travel plot. So far, all of the threads hold together, which is why I really enjoy it.

I'm taking a bit of a break from it (it has 3 seasons) just to get my head around all of the twists and turns and consequences of the characters' actions.

Mr. Banooka

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I finished the first season of Dark on Netflix. I'm just now getting the characters straight. Great sci-fi, time travel plot. So far, all of the threads hold together, which is why I really enjoy it.

I'm taking a bit of a break from it (it has 3 seasons) just to get my head around all of the twists and turns and consequences of the characters' actions.
It was awesome. Though it does take some work to keep all the characters and threads in the right place.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Watching Lost Hearts on BBC 4 to see if it is as scary as when I first caught it in the Library of an old Country Mansion.
Yup, cue the Hurdy-gurdy and the neck hairs started rising.
We watched that last night. I saw it on its first showing and it was all anyone could talk about at school for weeks.

It was pretty true to the story but I caught myself noticing that the Cook seemed to have an idea of what was going on whereas the Butler didn't.
Will have to read it again to see if I've missed a nuance there. :wink2:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I'm enjoying Ch5's Britain's Biggest 70s Hits. Songs are enjoyably discussed by artists and commentators.
Gary Glitter's many contributions are quickly mentioned and got over with. :wink2:

There are some cracking 1970s anecdotes.

One, which I remember being current at the time, concerns the casting of the Italian-American crooner Al Martino as fading pop star Johnny Fontaine in The Godfather.

The director Coppola had singer Vic Damon (who?) in mind to play Fontaine but Martino desperately wanted the role.
He had a word with his own Godfather, head of Pennsylvania's Buffalino crime family, and was suddenly cast as Fontaine.

This may have been a yarn thought up for publicity but then again, the Mob do like to keep their hand in.

David Chase, creator of The Sopranos, reckons he was was admonished by the genuine Mafia for allowing the Boss Tony Soprano to be portrayed by James Gandalfini attending a barbecue in casual summer clothing - 'A Don does not wear shorts.' :mad:

This tickled Chase so much he had another Don say it to Tony in a later episode. :chuckle:

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Thiers a item on ITV news at ten tonight on the man with the worlds
biggest penis, at least that's what I think they said.
. :omr: :omg:
I'll likely be asleep so rely on you for a report.

:twothumbs:

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
the man with the worlds
biggest penis,
No you mis-read the title - They said that the man with the worlds biggest pen is on the news tonight.

skinny

aka Wuluwait, Boatman of the Dead
Reaction score
Yeah I think people who might not be overly familiar with youtube think that it's just kitten videos and people letting off fireworks from their bumholes and such....
But no - it has a marvellously diverse number of different 'channels' that you can subscribe to (subscription costs nothing - it just means that it will advise you of all the content from that channel) and you can look up all sorts of stuff, almost like an encyclopaedia but filmed instead of written down.
I guarantee you that you could pretty much pick any subject and there will be a whole channel dedicated to it with many different bits of film.
Agree. Centre Place has a guy called John Hamer giving great lectures on the roots of religions and much more besides. His lecture on The Ancient Cynics, for example, is excellent. Warning: he welcomes questions and interjections from his audience during the lecture, which irritated initially, but his audience is pretty well-read.

On Netflix, Midnight Mass comes highly recommended. I am 2 eps in and it is very good. I anticipate the bursting of all my dumb assumptions soon. It is a top shelf production with much to interest to Forteanians. Watch it.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Tonight's viewing was Pointless, followed by Legends Of Tomorrow.

Mr. Banooka

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Yeah I think people who might not be overly familiar with youtube think that it's just kitten videos and people letting off fireworks from their bumholes and such....
But no - it has a marvellously diverse number of different 'channels' that you can subscribe to (subscription costs nothing - it just means that it will advise you of all the content from that channel) and you can look up all sorts of stuff, almost like an encyclopaedia but filmed instead of written down.
I guarantee you that you could pretty much pick any subject and there will be a whole channel dedicated to it with many different bits of film.

Two of my recommendations for YouTube are:

Dust https://youtube.com/c/watchdust
Alter https://youtube.com/c/WatchALTER

I have loads more, but these have some great Sci-fi and Horror shorts.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
I found my wife loves watching the 2005 movie version of , The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe when it is on TV.

She finds it positive for the mind.

It's an enjoyable film, Tilda Swinton is great as the White Witch.

MercuryCrest

The Severed Head of a Great Old One.
Reaction score
I had heard it highly recommended, but I just started watching Gravity Falls and...it's adorable and it makes you think. It's one of those cartoons that can appeal to both adults and children, but not just because of "hidden adult jokes". It's genuinely well-written and funny-as-hell.

Oh, and for the horror-fans, I just rewatched these on YouTube and they're still terrifying....

Alma
Curve

Mr. Banooka

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I had heard it highly recommended, but I just started watching Gravity Falls and...it's adorable and it makes you think. It's one of those cartoons that can appeal to both adults and children, but not just because of "hidden adult jokes". It's genuinely well-written and funny-as-hell.

Oh, and for the horror-fans, I just rewatched these on YouTube and they're still terrifying....

Alma
Curve
Gravity Falls over took Scooby Doo as my all time favourite cartoon.

bizarrely the kids discovered it and we watched some of them in Portuguese with English subtitles first whilst on Holiday in Madeira.

We regularly have a watch on Disney + now it’s available.

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score
Thiers a item on ITV news at ten tonight on the man with the worlds
biggest penis, at least that's what I think they said.
. :omr: :omg:
I'll likely be asleep so rely on you for a report.

:twothumbs:

I remember seeing something about a man who claimed to have the world's largest penis. I seem to remember it was halfway down his thigh and there was footage of him walking along a street wearing lycra shorts... :omg:

Last edited:

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I remember seeing something about a man who claimed to have the world's largest penis. I seem to remember it was halfway down his calf and there was footage of him walking along a street wearing lycra shorts... :omg:
HALF WAY DOWN HIS CALF??????? I am really, quietly hoping you mean thigh, or that he was very very short indeed.....

skinny

aka Wuluwait, Boatman of the Dead
Reaction score
Yeah poor guy. What an imposition. Would definitely go the hack job for the sake of convenience.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I found my wife loves watching the 2005 movie version of , The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe when it is on TV.

She finds it positive for the mind.
Urrrgghhh, nooo. Posh kids. :chuckle:

You have brought to light the reason for my lifelong aversion to the Lion etc. :chuckle:

It's down to the 10-part black and white BBC TV adaptation of it in 1967 featuring blokes prancing in unconvincing animal suits and some very posh kids.
(Most children seen on British TV at the time were drama school kids, often with cut-glass accents. We scruffs longed to punch them.)

Worst, it was shown on Sunday evenings to a captive audience.
We suspected it must be religious or at least worthy to be seen in that slot. We were right. :wink2:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
But he'd have to give up his job as a tripod.
I'd, er, take him on.

(I did of course mean the bloke on TV with the large willy.
Seems the subject was controversially discussed on a lunchtime chat programme. Something to get their teeth into.)

Last edited:

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
tMR8KKUH (1).jpg