What TV Are You Watching?

TangletwigsDeux

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Well I am manfully resisting just watching all of series 2 of Mandy in one go. So this is TV I havent watched but want to. I love Diane Morgan, and I love Mandy sticking it to the man. OK I watched the first 2 I admit it.

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I was thrilled to see The Expanse was back. At it's best, the most engaging science fiction show I've watched. Shame this looks to be the last series.

Agreed. The attention to detail is astonishing, right down to the invented, but very plausible pidgin English spoken by the Belters.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I was thrilled to see The Expanse was back. At it's best, the most engaging science fiction show I've watched. Shame this looks to be the last series.

It is - and only six episodes!

There's a lot to wrap up in that time. Maybe the last episode will be a four hour movie.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Well I am manfully resisting just watching all of series 2 of Mandy in one go. So this is TV I havent watched but want to. I love Diane Morgan, and I love Mandy sticking it to the man. OK I watched the first 2 I admit it.

Plus Charlie Chuck was in it! Good to see him looking well.

AgProv

Master of Uncertainty and Doubt
Reaction score
Pixelation, picture scrambled and finally no signal (yet again) - must be trying to watch Sapphire and Steel on Forces TV after 11 pm (same for Yesterday channel, Horror channel, Blaze etc).
you get the same reception crap I do.. quite frustrationg that MASH is on eternal rerun on a channel lower down the listings, but something like two out of every three nights, it's so garbled as to be unwatchable.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I am trying to get through Parks and Recreation as it is going to be taken off of Netf*** at the end of the month. I am quite enjoying it, though I had to get over my slight irritation that it had the same type of presentation as The Office (US) ie the documentary interview style or whatever it is called. I am on the fourth season of seven, but still a lot of watching as every season seems to have 20 episodes.

I am also watching and enjoying “The Umbrella Academy” and “Uncanny Counter”, both on NF.

Sid

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Watched part of the 'Blaze' channel last night, was amazed as the astrophysicist - Travis Taylor, along with his electrical assistants clearly demonstrated that Nikola Tesla's pulling electrical power through the earth, and air without the use of wires has in fact been proven to work.
Interesting content about 'D. Trumps Uncle' too, and the missing Tesla files - as explained in the content of last nights programme.
Found this which explains the intrigue and the oddities. . .
https://www.history.com/news/nikola-tesla-files-declassified-fbi

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Watched part of the 'Blaze' channel last night, was amazed as the astrophysicist - Travis Taylor, along with his electrical assistants clearly demonstrated that Nikola Tesla's pulling electrical power through the earth, and air without the use of wires has in fact been proven to work.
Interesting content about 'D. Trumps Uncle' too, and the missing Tesla files - as explained in the content of last nights programme.
Found this which explains the intrigue and the oddities. . .
https://www.history.com/news/nikola-tesla-files-declassified-fbi
I saw that too. It was entertaining.
They covered no new ground with that demonstration - because I think it had been proved a long time ago.

Sabresonic

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
My partner has started to watch and catch up Sky A League of The Own but she is not a sports then but I thought I give it a go and being a Rugby fan I wiki it and see who the guests are and was surprised say only 3 Rugby players have been on all Rugby Union and i don't think many Cricket players...so the show Soccer/Football biased ?

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Just sat through 3rd episode of The Tourist on BBC iPlayer.
Hasn't really grabbed me.
Giant Icelander Olafur Darri Olafsson is a credibly nasty boo-hiss villain and Belfast Boy James Dorman puts in a reasonable performance in the central role as the taciturn amnesiac, but the remainder of the cast feel like unconvincing caricatures. Clunky and implausible dialogue doesn't help either.
Hope it bucks up a bit otherwise this could be a series that I abandon.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Tonight was antiques, Witchers and Boba Fett.

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Just sat through 3rd episode of The Tourist on BBC iPlayer.
Hasn't really grabbed me.
Giant Icelander Olafur Darri Olafsson is a credibly nasty boo-hiss villain and Belfast Boy James Dorman puts in a reasonable performance in the central role as the taciturn amnesiac, but the remainder of the cast feel like unconvincing caricatures. Clunky and implausible dialogue doesn't help either.
Hope it bucks up a bit otherwise this could be a series that I abandon.

Watched the 4th episode last night and now I finally kind of get it.
The Tourist is meant to be a black comedy.
That's why the characters are exaggerated caricatures and become increasingly cartoon-like as the series progresses.

It's clearly not a comedy in the laugh-out-loud sense, but the increasingly far-fetched scenarios as the body-count rises, may provoke the occasional wry chuckle.

--- or at least I hope it was intended to be a black comedy...

Earthly oddity

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
That's why the characters are exaggerated caricatures and become increasingly cartoon-like as the series progresses.

It's clearly not a comedy in the laugh-out-loud sense, but the increasingly far-fetched scenarios as the body-count rises, may provoke the occasional wry chuckle.

I saw the first 2 episodes but got a bit bored with it....

Anyone got any recommendations for someone who has watched a lot of Netflix already?

I have amazon prime but am finding it hard to navigate/find stuff I don't have to pay extra for.

I also have Now and Disney.

I am waiting for Walking Dead final half of final season.

I like some Sci Fi/chilling dramas etc......e.g American Horror Story, Dark, Walking Dead and Helix (used to be on netflix and was quite fun), Haunting of Hill House, The Leftovers etc....

Oh and anything apocalyptic - as long as its more about the people than gore/zombies....Oh and too much combat annoys me too....Van Helsing series on Netflix was good but too much combat in it annoyed me.

Last edited:

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
My partner has started to watch and catch up Sky A League of The Own but she is not a sports then but I thought I give it a go and being a Rugby fan I wiki it and see who the guests are and was surprised say only 3 Rugby players have been on all Rugby Union and i don't think many Cricket players...so the show Soccer/Football biased ?
'Sports' nearly always means football. I went into JD Sports once to try to buy a pair of riding boots. They practically laughed me out of the building when I asked why they didn't have any.

Cherrybomb

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
'Sports' nearly always means football. I went into JD Sports once to try to buy a pair of riding boots. They practically laughed me out of the building when I asked why they didn't have any.
Yeh, same thing happened to me a few years ago. Useless.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Oh and too much combat annoys me too....Van Helsing series on Netflix was good but too much combat in it annoyed me.
Same'ere. I don't find violence/shooting scary or shocking, it's just boring.

We enjoyed the first series of Westworld and looked forward to the second. The opening episode of the second was just a protracted gun battle. Severely disappointing.
I thought 'What's this? The Gunfight at the OK Corral?' and lost interest.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Yeh, same thing happened to me a few years ago. Useless.
They cover most sports and outdoor activities. There mustn't be a big enough market for riding gear.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Too highbrow for them?
You could ask them.

I've always found what I wanted at sports shops but then I was only after gear for running, hiking, camping, golf, cycling, swimming, weight training and yoga.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score

A friend of mine described it as a Coen Brothers pastiche (well, he didn't use those words, but that's what he meant!). I guess if you go into it with their "Shit happens" sense of humour, you'll enjoy it.

Sabresonic

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I always thought Question of Sport when I watched it in the 80s and 90s was more balanced with other sports esp team sports like Cricket, Rugby Union and Rugby League but ALofTO just turns me off.

SleepyPanda

Always sleepy, not actually a panda.
Reaction score
I saw the first 2 episodes but got a bit bored with it....

Anyone got any recommendations for someone who has watched a lot of Netflix already?

I have amazon prime but am finding it hard to navigate/find stuff I don't have to pay extra for.

I also have Now and Disney.

I am waiting for Walking Dead final half of final season.

I like some Sci Fi/chilling dramas etc......e.g American Horror Story, Dark, Walking Dead and Helix (used to be on netflix and was quite fun), Haunting of Hill House, The Leftovers etc....

Oh and anything apocalyptic - as long as its more about the people than gore/zombies....Oh and too much combat annoys me too....Van Helsing series on Netflix was good but too much combat in it annoyed me.
Yellowjackets on NowTV is great.