What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

plastic wiganer

Ephemeral Spectre
slightly longer than 5 minutes ago but, shaving the cats bum! let me explain..
One of our cats - Charlie, is long haired and when his fur around his rear end gets a little too long, it tends to collect, well..... poo!
So when that time comes, we have no option but to trim him. this involves the wife holding him upside down in her arms (like you cradle a baby), whilst feeding him bits of ham, and me with the electric head shaver and some scissors doing my best Edward scissor hands impression before said cat decides hes had enough of the "abuse" and makes a bid for freedom.
To add insult to injury he then got his monthly flea treatment as well. (all four cats and the dog have been done tonight) but Charlie is now hiding/sulking upstairs somewhere. The joys of pet ownership eh?

escargot

Beloved of Ra
5 minutes ago I was rushing around doing a few chores before work. Tidying, litter tray, dishes, putting things in fridge, so fast that I've caught up with myself and am entitled to ten minutes' browsing. Which I'm spending on you lot.

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
5 minutes ago I was rushing around doing a few chores before work. Tidying, litter tray, dishes, putting things in fridge, so fast that I've caught up with myself and am entitled to ten minutes' browsing. Which I'm spending on you lot.
*bows*

You're most kind m'lady.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
A few years ago I rushed around so much before work that I arrived an hour early. My boss was delighted as there was a job only I could do and they wouldn't have to wait for me. So I was the hero AND I went home an hour early.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Smoked Oysters! I was thinking of those today, when I was in a store which used to feature them regularly as a clearance line. Those - and their slightly-less-distinguished mussel-chums - were my favourite store-cupboard stand-bys. I miss them and still cast a hopeful eye at the place they used to occupy. Pennies they were!

They could flavour a wokfull of vegetables to make the most delicious stir-fry; it was sinful to waste the oil.

Putting them in with beef to enhance the traditional combination of beef and oysters, that I have to try! :salute:

Bad Bungle

King of the Trilobites
Smoked oysters on Ritz crackers is my New Year's Eve celebration, but harder to get hold of each time. The recipes from the Celeb chefs for Beef & Oyster pie use fresh oysters and then they add a load of crap to give the pie some flavour.
Caution - the only puff pastry Morrison's had was gluten-free. I had to chisel it off the pies and buy new pastry that puffed from Tesco at half the price.

MercuryCrest

Justified & Ancient
Checking on my spare ribs in the slow-cooker and planning sides. Hope to watch the flyby of Ultima Thule by New Horizons tonight just before midnight.