What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Watching the video of Justin Timberlake and Chris Stapleton in "Say Something". I really like the music in this but not sure if you can buy the video or just the cd.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Realising that the general illnesses I've avoided all over the festive season have finally caught up with me. Just in time to go back to work...

Lord Lucan

Abominable Snowman
Discussing with my wife whether we should visit Tasmania at the end of this month and invite our (adult) sons and one girlfriend along for the week. She thinks it's a splendid idea, me, not so splendid.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Taking a call from the Mrs inviting me to a private lock in party at this place tonight, a 1700's building that Elizabeth Fry used to preach from .. even better, I know almost everyone that's going to be there and she's got the keys, I've just got to try and not get too twatted. Very very cool. This is how horror films start.

agrove01.jpg

Last edited:

Swifty

Just make sure that an old Belgian is not invited, or something bad will happen.
We both got back home unscathed .. mini drama on the way because of a severely wasted local youth, it was a pleasant evening otherwise until someone was so drunk that they genuinely accidently broke three of the front windows so I did the whole dust pan and brush and broom and cardboard taped thing .... the bonus was we've come home with a ton of free pizza! .. tonight reminded of the awesome parties of the 80's except now instead I'm 'that old man' who used to do the emergency clean up back then when everyone was running off giggling .. FFS!

Last edited:

Swifty

welcome to the club!
You're an old man ? .. like that one in the Nirvana video with the mop ? .. I've never done a full on back spin in a stately home type building before I fucking did one tonight! .. I can still do one!!

(the party, the Mrs on the left, a housefull of 20 somethings and before the windows were broken .. it's not a party until something's broken)

agroveparty01.jpg

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
We both got back home unscathed .. mini drama on the way because of a severely wasted local youth, it was a pleasant evening otherwise until someone was so drunk that they genuinely accidently broke three of the front windows so I did the whole dust pan and brush and broom and cardboard taped thing .... the bonus was we've come home with a ton of free pizza! .. tonight reminded of the awesome parties of the 80's except now instead I'm 'that old man' who used to do the emergency clean up back then when everyone was running off giggling .. FFS!
I do hope it wasn't genuine 18th century glass. Expensive to replace.

Swifty

I do hope it wasn't genuine 18th century glass. Expensive to replace.
That's exactly what I was saying to her today .. it's going to stand out like a sore thumb if they go cheap, hopefully the bloke involved can afford that, he's employed by the house owner.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Five minutes ago, or thereabouts, I was heaving a sigh of relief that the storm that struck Sydney at 2PM (or thereabouts) and lasted until roughly six PM dropped the temperature from the high thirties C, to about 23C or so, which will make sleeping easy tonight for the first time in more than a week. Wretched heatwaves, ruining my holidays!

INT21

Justified & Ancient
Skrymr,

Sorting 'stuff'. Best of luck to you, mate. Greater men have tried and failed.

INT21;)

INT21

Justified & Ancient
I was bottling my gallon of Number 5 apple wine.

It wasn't a full demijohn, so I only got four Litre.

But It isn't bad, not bad at all.

The number 5 relates to the tree that the apples came from. I made , I think, six of the gallon batches using apples all from different trees. And kept notes on each batch so I know where to go next year.

We have lots of trees around here, and I have a few in the garden.

Then there is the bulk cider.

Bit of a dilemma really. I don't drink.

But I may just try a glass of No 5 if you all promise not to tell anyone.

You're gents.

INT21. :)