What Were You Doing Five Minutes Ago?

skinny

Antediluvian
Hottest day here since 1939.
Now the hottest day since records began. 47.4 in the city.

Same in Elizabeth North. They'll have to start paying the punters to drink the free beer now. Fuck me.

Last edited:

Tigerhawk

Resistance is futile!
Opening the parcel that was just delivered, to find it was one of the books I ordered last week, just not the book I was expecting! But that should arrive soon!
Got mine yesterday from Amazon. Forgot it was coming, so it perked me right up when it arrived out of the blue like that. Books are special.
What did you order?
One of the Uncle John's Bathroom Reader - I don't have it to hand at the moment, but it's a series of trivia books I've been buying for years now, and they're great for a little light reading! Not that I sully them by reading them in the bathroom!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Sobbing heartily, as the heatwave is set to last another week!
I don't envy you at all .. I down right hate being too hot due to weather conditions. I'd always much rather be too cold because you can put an extra jumper on or not go outside so often .. being too hot makes me get angry, it slows my brain down .. I hate it .. those conditions always remind me of that Bill Hicks comedy stand up routine when he's talking about every day being hot and sunny in L.A. and he points out that he's a mammal, not a lizard and that he likes his heat from an open fire, a cappuccino and a rosy cheaked woman.

Tigerhawk

Resistance is futile!
One of the Uncle John's Bathroom Reader - I don't have it to hand at the moment, but it's a series of trivia books I've been buying for years now, and they're great for a little light reading! Not that I sully them by reading them in the bathroom!
The title is "The Best Of The Best Of Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" - a series of books that are as educational and fascinating as Fortean Times....

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
You're right about the water, dehydration is usually a large contributory factor in my headaches - also put on me woolly hat.
Nothing worse than a Bear with a sore head.
Cold weather can be flipping dry, sometimes goes unnoticed until the headache, as it were.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
The leak's on my side, so it has to be fixed. Water bill was £1400. Can't have that!
I thought you meant the bill for the digging was £1400! Though it still might be.

When I had the drain repaired in the autumn, involving an explosion which showered the yard and two appalled workers in compacted poo and half-digested sweetcorn, it cost me £750 for possibly the best laugh I've ever had. Worth every penny and more.

I believe the video of the incident, complete with my own background hilarity, is still going the rounds of plumbers and drain experts as an example of under-preparedness.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I thought you meant the bill for the digging was £1400! Though it still might be.

When I had the drain repaired in the autumn, involving an explosion which showered the yard and two appalled workers in compacted poo and half-digested sweetcorn, it cost me £750 for possibly the best laugh I've ever had. Worth every penny and more.

I believe the video of the incident, complete with my own background hilarity, is still going the rounds of plumbers and drain experts as an example of under-preparedness.
The bill for digging, inc VAT, will be £834. They've just drilled a new hole and pushed a pipe up through. Won't be much longer now, hopefully.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Five minutes ago I was having a much needed shave while I upload a vid to youtube .. I've finally got my finger out and sussed out (mostly) how to use my editing software and convert AVCHD to MP4 files so expect a few crappy vids from me over the next year. Hopefully. My first properly cut vid is just a jokey one of us looking for a mate around Cromer a few years ago, just so I could get a refresher on editing. It's loads easier than video and film editing!.

I'm off to help film a ghost investigation tomorrow night so this has spurred me on to get film making again. :cool:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Five minutes ago I was having a much needed shave while I upload a vid to youtube .. I've finally got my finger out and sussed out (mostly) how to use my editing software and convert AVCHD to MP4 files so expect a few crappy vids from me over the next year. Hopefully. My first properly cut vid is just a jokey one of us looking for a mate around Cromer a few years ago, just so I could get a refresher on editing. It's loads easier than video and film editing!.

I'm off to help film a ghost investigation tomorrow night so this has spurred me on to get film making again. :cool:
Make a horror film!